Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Oct 25, 2007, 9:16 AM   #1

Hi all, I am about to try and widen my photo skills with an attempt at mainly portraits in a home studio setting. I have seen some of the reviews of the Interfit 150, and for something so inexpensive it seems to be the bees knees. The shots I would be taking would be family and close friends in basic home studio settings, would I be wasting my money on lighting so cheap, or would the Interfit 150suit my needs please?
boywallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2007, 2:08 PM   #2

Are you talking about the single flash or dual kit? 150WS is very little light...I would want at least 300-800 per unit (& you will too down the road).
Old Oct 26, 2007, 6:34 PM   #3

It's a twin kit Kalypso, with a guide No of 30, 1 umbrella and 1 softbox. Would I need much more power for a home studio?
Old Oct 26, 2007, 9:42 PM   #4

boywallace wrote:
Quote:
It's a twin kit Kalypso, with a guide No of 30, 1 umbrella and 1 softbox. Would I need much more power for a home studio?
Yes. At the very least you should be looking for a durable, high power setup (you can always dial-down the power, but you can't make a flashlight light up an arena). Probably the best bang-for-the-buck would be a system from http://www.alienbees.com

You won't be dissappointed, in the quality or service either!
Old Oct 27, 2007, 4:26 PM   #5

Thanks for your advice Kalypso, and I usually say that you get what you pay for. That's why I was a little suspicious at that price for the ex150. As I said I'll take your advice mate.