Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Jan 10, 2008, 9:12 PM   #21

I've brought this up before and almost got ran off the forum for it. But it the truth.

As was already pionted out these things don't really change the angel of the light they just spread it out.

You will get as good if not better lighting if you just wrap a white handkerchief around the flash head and keep you money in your pocket. A trick I learned in the 70's

I wish I still had the copy of pop photo magazine where they had tested all these bounce and defussion gagits on the marked in a side by side comapison the old fashion handkerchief gave the best relalts ever them all.
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2008, 9:49 PM   #22

tjsnaps wrote:
Quote:
You will get as good if not better lighting if you just wrap a white handkerchief around the flash head and keep you money in your pocket. A trick I learned in the 70's

I wish I still had the copy of pop photo magazine where they had tested all these bounce and defussion gagits on the marked in a side by side comapison the old fashion handkerchief gave the best relalts ever them all.
Does make sense, with difusser built right into the the newer flash units all one would need to do is cut the amount of light down. I wonder if Canon (for the 40D) makes a flash unit where the light output can be varied. My old Vititar 283 and a variable power unit that plugged into the flash, I only use it to control fill flash, opps. I will play around with covering the flash vs bounce just for the fun of it when I get some time.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote