Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Jul 25, 2008, 3:14 PM   #1

thank you for all the help you gave and tips on taking wedding shots..
i was quite happy with the results and it seemed the young couple were too..
i took around 6-700 photos..but ended up by giving them 2 discs..with 381 photos..one with color..the other b&w´s

this is one of my favorites..
Attached Images

arnyjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2008, 7:45 PM   #2

Nice photo. Glad it worked out for you. I have done 3 family weedings as favors to the wedding party one when the photographer backed up a week before the wedding. I ended up with about 1200 photos total each time but only gave them 40% of them on a DVD disc. I never thought about giving them any black and white photos -- good idea.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 9:50 PM   #3

I knew you could do it. We really would like to see more. The one you show is very nice. Are you ready to do it again?

Ronnie

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 8:15 AM   #4

hey guys..thanks for the encouragement..i will send some more photos over..

i love b&w´s..so after i had saved allt he colored ones..i switched them to b&w on my iphoto..they really liked them..

i have already been asked to do another wedding..but i am going to a family wedding that day so i can´t take that on..but my cousin kind of whispered to me if i would bring my camera to her wedding..so i will be shooting some for her on the 16th of august..

yes..i am ready to do it again..i would do things a little differenty then..as i have learned things by experience..

i am determined to go through the n.y institute of photography as i think it will help me að lot and give me some kind of acknowledgement that i have studied and learned..
have you heard about that shchool? i know some icelanders that are going through it now..all with correspondance of course..

here is one of the colored ones..the church they got married in in the background..

how do i put more then one photo in here at once?

Attached Images

Old Jul 27, 2008, 9:10 PM   #5

Hi arnyjoh,

The school idea is good and from what I have heard it is a very good school. "BUT" I would get Photoshop CS3 first and then get the school second. If you can't afford both you can go to your library and get books on photography for free. My personal opinion is that if you are serious about your final outcome you really need a very good edit program to process your pictures. I will probably get flamed for this but I think Photoshop CS3 can not be beat.

I hope you don't mind but I re-did your photo of the Bride & Groom.

Ronnie
Attached Images

Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:04 PM   #6

i can probably do both..the school and the edit program

anyone know how the gimp program is?

hm..isn´t the photo too light now?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:50 PM   #7

It printed up perfect on my printer. I have trouble when I send to Steves because you have to really lower the resolution so much or something. It looks great on my monitor. It is a nice picture considering the time of day you had to shoot it and I like the Church in the background. It will be a very good memory in the wedding couples far future.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:20 AM   #8

What camera did you use to shoot those images?

Also one thing I learned if you shoot more images than you give to the bridge and her parents make sure you renumber them in order or else the brides mother will be asking where are the rest of the pictures. The first wedding I did I ook about 1000 and gave them 500 or so never retitled them and for weeks the bridge wanted the rest of the images which I had actually gotten rid of since they were notthe best of the best quality. I have read in serval places that before you give the images out or print a proof book to retitle them in number order........

Good luck in the future.

dave
Old Jul 30, 2008, 5:49 PM   #9

i used canon 30d and 24-60 lens..

i told the couple that there was a lot of photos i deleted..as they were blurred..out of focus or had something wrong with them..

i don´t think i will have any problems in that way..they know i gave them all that were ok..
Old Jul 30, 2008, 7:39 PM   #10

arnyjoh wrote:
Quote:
i told the couple that there was a lot of photos i deleted..as they were blurred..out of focus or had something wrong with them..

i don´t think i will have any problems in that way..they know i gave them all that were ok..
just passing along something from my personal experiences in case ithelps you or anyone else reading this thread.

dave