Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Feb 24, 2009, 2:15 PM   #1

Hi guys, I dont usually post here, its been ages, but I was wondering if any of you ever used a kind of low-voltage strobe (180W) , I was browsing on ebay and found this kit,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=ADME

Its a 180W strobe and I just want to know how it would perform in a home studio kind of setting. Also, would it work to use this in conjuction with an external flashgun? Not as in would they fire, I know they would, but would there be any issues?
shmeldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:26 AM   #2

We started out with something similar, but ours were only 160 w/s. That was over 2 years ago. Now, we've upgraded to Alien Bees as our main lights, but these still get plenty of use. We mainly use them for kicker light or hair lights. They've been great, and all 3 are still functioning. They're far from professional, but they still serve a purpose for us. Hope this helps.
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2009, 1:27 PM   #3

Thanks, I think I will go ahead and buy one! I would take quite good care of them so durability isnt a big issue and for the price it seems good!
shmeldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2009, 7:02 AM   #4

no i hadnt but i know that strobes which i use on my pets. you know one thing when i use strobes to my pet then i make a pet Portraits of my pet.
romme is offline   Reply With Quote