Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Aug 7, 2004, 1:09 AM   #1

Ey Guys!

I don't know if I should post this under Canon DSLR Forum co'z my dSLR is 300D or here. But this is regarding studio lights or tungsten/halogen lights settings on the cam.

I'm not really into studio set-ups tho :-) I'm just wonderin' how you guys use or sets your White Balance settings on your 300D while using strobes or tungsten/halogen lights?

Should I set AWB when shooting a strobe lites? Also, I did some test shots using my halogen desk lamp and set the white balance to Tungsten to correct the kelvin. The image is kinda compensated with a slight yellowish on the image.

Thanks for the great help in advance guys!

dive
dive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2004, 4:00 PM   #2

Tungsten or Halogen hot lamps will give you an average temerature range close to 3200K. Cycled Flash units give you a temperature closer to that of the sun at noon (4500-5000K). You can adjust your WB accordingly...Tungsten for hot lamps & Flash (or Sunlight) for flash units. Or you can shoot in RAW mode & adjust your WB after the fact...YMMV.
Old Aug 7, 2004, 8:57 PM   #3

Ey Kalypso -

So it would be better if I go shooting using strobe lites, Flash (WB) setting has much better output/correction than the AWB setting?

cheers!

dive
dive is offline   Reply With Quote