Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Oct 1, 2004, 9:48 AM   #21

What is the model laying on, I really like the reflection it gives.

Randy O
randy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2004, 2:52 PM   #22

As I indicated in the post - I stole that idea from Frank! (credit where credit is due). It's Lexan clear plexiglass over black seamless. I could only find sheets locally in 3 X 6 (wanted 4X8 - so I went with two and merely PS'd the seam out (she's lying over it for the most part to cover it up). Glad you like it (thx. Frank).
flint350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2004, 1:58 AM   #23

Hi,
I also have to take the seam out .
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2004, 12:35 PM   #24

In the interest of simplicity:

One halogen lamp bounced off a white wall to her immediate right. Another halogen lamp 8ft directly in front aimed slightly toward the ceiling (so aprox. 25% of the direct light was hitting her face).
Old Oct 2, 2004, 1:37 PM   #25

Amazing photos Kalypso! RESPECT!
Bache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2004, 1:43 PM   #26

I think this thread is very helpful. We should talk to Steve about setting up a section for model photography & lighting examples.
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2004, 3:06 PM   #27

While not a bad idea in my mind, there is already a good deal of this info here, if more spread out. In the "Flash-Studio" forum, there is much about the lighting aspect. In the "People Forum" there is much about both. Also, Kalypso has a sticky post indicating an upcoming 'tutorial' section on lighting. Possibly the subject is being covered in too many diverse areas for now, but a lot of info is already here. What you seek could probably be incorporated into the existing "Flash Studio" forum, possibly with a slightly edited name. This would prevent missing info already posted and too much hunting around the various forums to find it.
flint350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2004, 5:37 PM   #28

flint350 wrote:
Quote:
While not a bad idea in my mind, there is already a good deal of this info here, if more spread out. In the "Flash-Studio" forum, there is much about the lighting aspect. In the "People Forum" there is much about both. Also, Kalypso has a sticky post indicating an upcoming 'tutorial' section on lighting. Possibly the subject is being covered in too many diverse areas for now, but a lot of info is already here. What you seek could probably be incorporated into the existing "Flash Studio" forum, possibly with a slightly edited name. This would prevent missing info already posted and too much hunting around the various forums to find it.
Good idea...I'll move this & some of the other studio lighting threads up into the Flash (Studio) section. BTW, my 'tutorial' is actually going to be a FAQ (but maybe a sticky for people to post their lighting setups might be helpful).
Old Oct 4, 2004, 12:34 AM   #29

Even more simple...

Dimage 7i, 4 second exposure in a totally dark room using a small 2-AAA penlight to "paint" the light on her...
Old Oct 4, 2004, 10:08 AM   #30

What do you mean by "paint" the light on her?
planters49 is offline   Reply With Quote