Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Nov 10, 2004, 8:37 AM   #1

It's not completly finished (well when will that ever be ), we have to do some work on the floor and the walls, and some minor things, but I did not want to hold this from you guys.

From December on I will be doing some more commercially work (I hope).

I hope you like the studio.
The size is arround 12,75 mtrs x 6,54 mtrs x 2,70mtrs (highest usable point 4.00 mtrs)

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2004, 8:55 AM   #2

Nice studio Frank

I can't wait to see a beautiful girl posingin that studio:-)
kadok6330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 10:28 AM   #3

Hi Frank,

Great studio. I hope we will see some of your work made in this studio soon. Thanks for sharing. There is not many people that are willing to share photos of their studios with us.

Regards,

Zoran
zstojkovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 10:43 AM   #4

Hey...I'd say good luck, but I don't think you ned luck...you've got talent!!! Congrats on the new set up! If I had all the money in the world for a set up, I'd love to have a big building out in the country with a changing area in the middle and wings for different types of shoots...like a kids wing, formal wing, rustic wing, etc. with nice windows in some for those photos of people gazing serenely out into the countryside. Oh, it is so fun to dream!! Frank, I'm so happy for you. I'll bet you were like a kid in a candy shop setting that up. HOW FUN!!
WisconsinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 1:36 PM   #5

Frank, what a nice setup. As I was looking at each picture I can see a long gray tube running from the bottom of the stairs to the stand next to the box light, what is that?

I love seeing the equipment and setups that you use to make those GREAT pictures.
pclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 1:45 PM   #6

That tube is my windmachine.
It's located in a room at the end of the studio for the noise.

Greetings,
Frank
Old Nov 10, 2004, 2:44 PM   #7

Frank, what an excellent room!

Mine is only about 11meters*4meters*2.15meters with a low end at one edge of of 1.85meters. no good celling height at all :sad:have to move someday I guess. Please mail me your room. :G:G:G

I don't recognize your Jinbei lighting brand here in Canada. Lately we are seeing brands called Aurora, Opus, Camberon in the "general public" photo stores, and the Speedotron and Elinchrome brands stand out at the pro shops.

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 5:00 PM   #8

Jinbei is china made, I was very afraid to buy it but the seller is my main supplyer and gives excellent service and support.
For the price you CAN't go wrong, they work perfect and nice and costs are low.

Greetings,
Frank
Old Nov 10, 2004, 7:19 PM   #9

Hi Frank,

Congrats on your new studio. I don't know a thing about them, but I am sure we are going more great pictures from you.Talent has been proven so luck is not needed. Enjoy.

Nadia
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:50 AM   #10

Excellent setup Frank. I am jealous.

I have a question for you. I see four lights. And one is a softbox. Are all of your lights hot lights? Do you ever use flash lighting? From what I can tell, you have two hot lights on the right side that reflect off of umbrellas, one in a softbox in the back left, and another on the right that has some sort of cover (barndoor?) over it. Am I right?

Another question, when shotting in a situation like this, how far away do you usually place the model from the lights? And where do you stand to take the pic.

Sorry for all of the questions. I am trying to get a good grasp on portrait work.

Thanks Frank.

--------
Ryan
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote