Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Dec 4, 2004, 1:10 PM   #1

I found it very easy to just use My SB28DX on camara flash to fire the three Calumet Travelight 750 studio strobes. I set the back ground light to F/22, My right fill to F/16 and My Main Light next to the Camara at F/22. I set My shutter speed to 1/60th, I set My SB28 Minus-3stops and set it on auto. I use aperture perfered and set the aperture F-Stop to F/22, The camera always will set the shutter at F/60 so I don't worry about that. I do light meter My scene and this works out perfect. I don't have to worry about My subjects tripping on a Sync cord and I don't worry about voltage overload messing up My Camara. The built in flash on the camera does not work because it will give either to dark or to light or no picture at all. The external flash set to auto and lowered three stops is constant and works perfect every shot.
The only cord I have across the floor is for one light if there is no plug on that side of a room. I carry a piece of carpet to put over that.
I can't figure out why the internal flash built into the camara does not work as good,but this set-up I use does everything I need it to do.
I do use a cord on one of the lights that plugs into My light meter to let Me set up mMy lighting.
Attached Images

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2004, 12:33 PM   #2

Ronnie948 wrote:
Quote:
I set the back ground light to Shutter F/60 @ F/22

that is the most confuseing statement i've heard all day
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 4:51 PM   #3

Hi Bradg,
What is confusing? I use three lights, One of them lights up the back ground. One is a fill light and one is My Main Light.I set the Back ground light to either match the fill or the Main. Whatever works better for the subjects clothing, Hair,Etc. The on camera flash is set three stops under everything else so it has no effect on My lighting at all except to fire the slave on my studio strobe.
I did go back and revise it though.I guess I just got carried away with My Typing. Ronnie
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2004, 8:15 PM   #4

ok, thanks for explaining...i understand now

i was confused when you said shutter f/60 @ f/22, i think you ment 1/60 @ f/22?
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote