Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Jan 3, 2005, 1:39 PM   #1

HELP!!! I can't get my f717 to work with any of my slave operated studio lights. The picturealways comes out extrememly dark, which suggests too me that the flash on camera and on studio are out of sync.....but if that were the case the flash would still illuminate the picture. Is their anyone that can help me with the settings i need to use to get a decent studio picture?? Thanks.

Its very ironic tho, that my Nikon 880 i bought about 3 years ago now produces fantastic results with the studio. If no one can help thatsok, as in the next week or so I expect to he in possesion of a D70 or D100
GenYuden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2005, 9:31 PM   #2

GenYuden wrote:
Quote:
HELP!!! I can't get my f717 to work with any of my slave operated studio lights. The picturealways comes out extrememly dark, which suggests too me that the flash on camera and on studio are out of sync.....but if that were the case the flash would still illuminate the picture.
The slaved studio lightis probably be triggered by the camera preflash, not the right burst. They illuminated the subject, but too soon.

KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 9:08 PM   #3

You might try putting a very weak flash on the hotshoe of the 717 (be sure to set the camera to use the hotshoe andset theflashso the lightning bolt shows). It will set off the studio flashes. (You can put a few layers of paper on the flash or use one that can flip up for bounce light so it will not light the subject.) I use a Vivitar 283. I still find that the photos come out a stop or 2 too dark so I overexpose it by a stop or two.

pingree35 is offline   Reply With Quote