Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Mar 12, 2005, 4:09 PM   #1

I am getting a small studio put together. It is a rather large room but not needing to fill the entire room. I am looking at a continuous light kit. Not sure which is the best for under $500 though. I see one out there and are looking for your thoughts on it. Here is the link to the ebay auction. I was also looking at a Smith Victor KT900 but have heard that the bulbs wear out rather quickly.I am torn between the KT900 and the one in the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...74744&rd=1

Thank you in advance for your thoughts! :?

Rob
neekak9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2005, 8:25 AM   #2

I guess my only comment is, have you thought about strobes? Is there a reason you want to go with hot lights? Just curious....:?:
Mr_Saginaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2005, 5:40 PM   #3

I have a Sony P150 and my mother has a Fuji 5100 and neither of them have a hot shoe. I was told that I would not be able to use strobes unless I bought a new camera. I want a new camera but can't afford both a camera and strobe light kit.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"We tried using plain old utility halogen lights from home depot but there were lots of shadows and just not enough light so I was wanting to buy a kit. Still not sure which one between the two in my first post. Not sure what other options I have though.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks. Rob
Old Mar 13, 2005, 7:05 PM   #4

yep, that would explain that...
Mr_Saginaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 9:08 AM   #5

So. I am still not sure which light kit would work best for my application. The Smith Victor KT900 or the kit in the link above? Or any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

What is the advantage/disadvantage of strobes vs continuous lighting kits? I know I need a different camera for the strobes but that could be a possible route for me to take too.

Thanks again!

Rob