Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Nov 13, 2005, 4:28 PM   #1

Anybody had any experience with the Dynaphos Octolume 5'?
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2005, 10:05 PM   #2

Well now I have I got it for $65 new, which is great considering the price of most soft boxes. This one is 5' diameter. It has an inner and outer diffuser panel. It comes with 4 gold / silver reversible reflector panels. You can completely cover the inside with one color or any combination of white, gold, silver, etc... It also has a removeable grid that supposedly will let you control the direction of the light.

I have not tested any of the modifiers I mentioned but it worked well as a standard softbox. I did place some of the panels in and the grid just to see how they fit. I can see right away that just the number of modifier pieces in this setup will keep me from taking them on location. I would want it configured beforehand.

It came with a universal adapter but I modified it for safety reasons. On my ABs I was not comfortable with the huge 5' cctagonal shaped lightbank being held on simply by the outward force of the prongs on the ABs (no lip to grab onto). So I marked where the prongs touched the adapter and put slots so the tips of the prongs would extend into the adapter.

Anybody interested in a Soft Box you really can't wrong with this if you can get it around the price I did. Its an ebay store named AMVONA. Check the auction carefully as they sell three different sizes and sometimes without the universal adapter.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote