Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Jun 22, 2006, 1:05 AM   #11

pic 5
Attached Images

MIles_ahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 1:07 AM   #12

pic 6
Attached Images

Old Jun 22, 2006, 8:57 AM   #13

The photographs look pretty good for your very first time. I like the way the Lady is positioned in #1.(Her body is at an angle with Her face looking streight at the lens.)

In #3 you should have the two subjectsnext to each other and not have Him behind Her. He has a shadow on his face from her. I always try to have the couple angle their bodys and look into the Lens. If they are unrelated they would have a nice space between them.

#6 would be nice if He was positioned like #1

I would also like to see a little more space between the subjects and the background. Also you should always shoot one or two people vertical. (it just looks better)

See if you can move your umbrellas closer to the subjects to soften the light and give that nice wrap around look.

You can get rid of the orange color cast in photoshop if you have it or whatever processing program you use.

Do some experimenting and ask questions if you need to know something.I can only advise the way I do things but there are plenty of people on this forum that can offer added advise.

I'm sure WE all want to see more pictures soon.

Ronnie,

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:53 AM   #14

You have a safe sync and it seems to be working so I'd keep using it.
(If it works leave it alone :G )

But your 20D has a pc sync terminal in its side. Just pull up the rubber flap on the left side, it is right next to the remote trigger socket. This terminal is rated for 250v on the 20D (Page 98 of my 20D user manual) . I have been using speedotron black lines with it and a sync cord with no problems until I switched to using pocket wizards.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 12:41 AM   #15

Yea thanks for the advice Ronnie, I've taken some new pictures and i'll be posting them up soon on a new topic so all you guys could see and give me your take.

MIles
Old Jul 4, 2006, 12:42 AM   #16

Yes thanks for the advice peterP, my wien safe sync seems to be working well.

MIles
Old Jul 5, 2006, 3:41 AM   #17

Here is something that I put together on the cheap. As my Canon 05d has no internal flash I had to decide 1/ buy a Canon flash to act as a slave master for my studio flash/s or 2/ make a cheap slave master to fire the main flash/s. This is what I came up with. The case size does not have to be that large as the innards are simplicity itself. Anyone interested
Attached Images

geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:08 AM   #18

Hi I own a canon rebel T2 and I the same prob that u had. I've read somewhere tha i would need a wein sync device. I leave in haiti and not planing to travel soon. So i will have to oder this device on the net. So I would like you to tell me exactly what i would need to connect my strobes to my camera. Please tell me exactly wich wein device i would need.

Thanks

Millo
Millo is offline   Reply With Quote