Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Tips & Tricks (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/tips-tricks-71/)
-   -   Cleaning sensor (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/tips-tricks-71/cleaning-sensor-95774/)

cock3tail Jul 20, 2006 12:53 AM

Justin Hancock Jul 20, 2006 1:16 AM

My only worry with that would be if the humidity in the room causes condensation/fogging on the sensor/elsewhere in the camera.

amazingthailand Jul 20, 2006 9:05 AM

Whether that works is open to debate, plus I would worry about the very high humidity condensing on the innards of your camera. But how exactly does that help you get dust OFF your sensor?

bernabeu Jul 20, 2006 11:23 AM

I HOPE THIS IS A JOKE

? ARE YOU MAD ?

DO NOT FOLLOW THIS ADVICE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

(sorry, I can't shout any louder)

nlp239 Jul 20, 2006 1:51 PM

This MUST be a joke. Hell we don't use canned-air because of the moisture.

cock3tail Jul 20, 2006 4:30 PM

Justin Hancock Jul 20, 2006 5:15 PM

Well I see how you could have better luck when you're swabbing the sensor, but when you're using a blower I don't see any point in it.

Caboose Jul 20, 2006 6:10 PM

and besides, as soon as you open the door and walk in the dust particals follow right behind you. I've had my digital rebel for over 2 years and my 20D for a year the only thing I've ever used is a bulb blower to clean the sensors on both. The trick is to get a quality blower, like the rocket, mine is made by promaster. They have a valve that prevents them from sucking the dust inside the bulb. And always hold your camera with the sensor facing down when you blow it out so the dust doesn't just settle back on your sensor in a different place.

vIZnquest Jul 26, 2006 9:55 PM

Lots of bashing going on here about the posted suggestion. I can't say it would not work but may give it a try when I finally need to clean my sensor.

A bashing reply is not necessary.

GoCubs Jul 26, 2006 10:24 PM

I agree that he didn't need a bashing, but if there is that much dust swirling around in the house that you are worried about more dust getting in as you openthe camera to clean it, maybe more than just the sensor needs cleaning!:blah:

bernabeu Jul 27, 2006 8:26 AM

passing along a 'web tip' as advice (against the mfg recomendations) deserves 'bashing'

vIZnquest Jul 27, 2006 2:43 PM

If that works for you. Bash away.

Each manufacturer has their recommendation for sure. I have read many who have sent their cameras in to be cleaned as recommended and wait months for it to come back only for it to be much worse than before.

My guess is, that is why this subject comes up time and again, and that there are many differing thoughts, ideas, and techniques that are not to the manufacturers recommendations.

I had my Pentax done by someone who cleans sensors on any digicam and it worked fine for medespite the manufacturers recommendation and the wait was less than an half hour.

To each their own and I still don't think anyone deserves bashing.

Just my 2 cents.