Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 11, 2005, 6:44 PM   #1
Senior Member
dashboardgyno's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 157

In photoshop, there is a tool called dodge and burn. What exactly is it used for?How often or when should I use it?

dashboardgyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2005, 6:34 AM   #2
broisman's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 85

Dodge and burn are darkroom terms. Dodging allows you to lighten an area of a picture and burning allows you to darken an area of a picture. I would suggest you use a soft brush and a low opicity to start.
broisman is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:58 AM.