Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (
-   Tips & Tricks (
-   -   How to combine two photos (

winoomgmg Jul 15, 2009 11:44 PM

How to combine two photos
I want to combine two below photos.
1.My father alone with backgrond light green
2.My family photos with empty slot for my father beside mother

My father was passed away three months ago.
So I want to combine these two photos to ge a perfect family photos.

Can anyone tell me to use which software and teach me how to do it ?

Thank you in advanced.

VTphotog Jul 16, 2009 9:24 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. I recalled a thread in the Extreme Makeover forum with this type of issue:

The techniques needed will be very similar. Most high end photo editing programs can do what you need, Photoshop Elements, and Paint Shop Pro being two popular ones.
If you need help with specific techniques, try posing a sample in Extreme Makeover, and you should get all the help you need.


winoomgmg Jul 19, 2009 9:52 PM

Hi Brian,
Thanks for the link.
Yes. I want something like that.
The peson who combine is the professional , I guess.
The final picture is perfect.

But I want to do it myself.
Is is okay to give me the insturction how to do it.
I have photoshop CS2 software. Thanks.

Reanimator Jul 20, 2009 4:44 PM

what your wanting to do require some experiance in using photoshop.
basicaly, you need both pics open, then with move tool get your fathers pic and drag and drop in onto the other picture
you now have 2 pics on 2 layers, now u have to cut out your father and delete what you dont want, thats the time consuming bit, zoom in and take your time.
you may have to scale him up or down to fit with the other people on the picture.
something like this can take hours to look convincing, even to an experianced user


winoomgmg Jul 26, 2009 9:42 PM

How to make these two picture same resolution ?

Family picture taken with 4 M camera.
My father take with 8 M camera.

Will there be any problems ?

Reanimator Jul 27, 2009 3:40 PM

well when u drop in the pic of your father u will find he is bigger due to the higher resolution, use the freetransform tool to make him smaller, if u hold the shift key and drag a corner inwards itll reduce the size but keep it in proportion.
thats the best way to get everyone in scale


Ozzie_Traveller Oct 1, 2012 4:30 PM

G'day all

This task is almost identical to one of the exercises from my photoshop elements training workshops. If the OP [or anyone else here] would like a PDF showing step by step, PM me with your details and I'll send you a copy of the exercise

Regards, Phil

Steve40 Dec 17, 2012 11:39 PM

Super glue works well.

adam agarthar Mar 7, 2015 2:12 AM

its very simple for people who knows photoshop editing. you can do it by your own. otherwise you can go for online solutions. there are lot of companies provides online photoshopic services. you can try them if u want.

Maitri Jul 20, 2017 12:31 AM

You can edit the image by adding layers in the Photoshop which will need expertise in Photoshop as it is not that easy. It also depends on the image if they can be combined or not and set them in proper order.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:31 AM.