Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Tips & Tricks (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/tips-tricks-71/)
-   -   My All Time Favorite Lenses (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/tips-tricks-71/my-all-time-favorite-lenses-161915/)

benjikan Nov 6, 2009 9:40 AM

My All Time Favorite Lenses
 
My All Time Favorite Lenses

As I have worked with many of the SLR's and Medium Format camera's out there, I want to share with you some of my favorites. In my career I used Nikon, Canon, Pentax SLR's and all of the Medium Format stuff out there.

My choices are based on my most frequent go for lenses when doing actual projects in the past and present.

Nikon: 85mm f/1.4 Nikkor Al-S
Nikon: 28mm f/2.0 Nikkor Al-S
Nikon: 50mm f/1.2 Nikkor Al-S
Nikon: 105mm f/2.5 Nikkor Al-S

Pentax: smc Pentax DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited
Pentax: smc Pentax FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited
Pentax: smc Pentax DA Star 16-50mm f/2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM
Pentax: smc Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4
Pentax: smc Pentax DA 12-24 f/4.0 ED AL (IF)

Canon: EF 17-40mm f/4.0 L USM
Canon: EF 35mm f/2.0
Canon: EF 28mm f/2.8
Canon: TS-E 45mm f/2.8
Canon: TS-E 90mm f/2.8

Tamron: SP AF 28-75 f/2.8 XR Di LD (IF)
Tamron: SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1 Macro

Well, there you have it.

Ben
http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/2...vorite-lenses/

lesmore49 Nov 6, 2009 12:25 PM

My favourite lenses:

  • Pentax 35-105 A Macro Zoom f3.5 (oldie but a goodie)
  • Pentax 50mm F1.4
  • Pentax 16-45 f4 zoom
  • Pentax 55-300
  • Pentax 10-17 Fisheye
  • Pentax 6 X 7 90mm leaf shutter (f.2,8) (medium format)
  • Tokina 11-16 f 2.8
  • Canon 400 mm f 5.6
  • Mamiya 180 mm TLR telephoto leaf shutter (medium format)
I use Pentax DSLR...therefore the reason for the preponderance.:)

FaithfulPastor Nov 6, 2009 12:35 PM

As a rookie photographer who is building his arsenal of lenses.... my favorite lens is always the lens that I don't have but am figuring out a way to obtain it ;)

Hards80 Nov 6, 2009 4:03 PM

Tokina 12-24 f4 - never fails to produce. constantly impressed by this little UW
Canon 60 2.8 - new favorite lens i try to find reasons to use, sharpest lens i own by a good margin
Canon 28 1.8 - useful focal length and good speed. lil soft wide-open, but useable.
Sigma 80-400 OS - I am lucky to have an exceptionally sharp copy.

benjikan Nov 9, 2009 4:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaithfulPastor (Post 1017169)
As a rookie photographer who is building his arsenal of lenses.... my favorite lens is always the lens that I don't have but am figuring out a way to obtain it ;)

I love that quote!:)

benjikan Nov 10, 2009 4:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hards80 (Post 1017227)
Tokina 12-24 f4 - never fails to produce. constantly impressed by this little UW
Canon 60 2.8 - new favorite lens i try to find reasons to use, sharpest lens i own by a good margin
Canon 28 1.8 - useful focal length and good speed. lil soft wide-open, but useable.
Sigma 80-400 OS - I am lucky to have an exceptionally sharp copy.

The Tokina 12-24 is an absolute GEM!

barryg9999 Dec 14, 2009 6:08 PM

I've been eyeing the Nikon 85 f/1.4 for a while now and I decided to hold off another six months. I've spent way too much on lens in the past six months and my wife would kill me if I dropped $1,200 for a lens.

On the other hand, B&H has it in stock and she will never know about it. Umm.

Hards80 Dec 14, 2009 6:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barryg9999 (Post 1028133)
I've been eyeing the Nikon 85 f/1.4 for a while now and I decided to hold off another six months. I've spent way too much on lens in the past six months and my wife would kill me if I dropped $1,200 for a lens.

On the other hand, B&H has it in stock and she will never know about it. Umm.

ok, so what exactly is the problem??? ;)

Johnny Rotten Dec 31, 2009 5:59 PM

I'm glad you said Lenses. Here goes:

Tamron AF 18-200mm XR All around
Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F2.8 for low light
Nikon AF-S 70-300mm VR for most sports photography
Tamron SP AF 200-500mm Di for long distance sports shots & Nature Photography

Where will it all end?

benjikan Jan 6, 2010 3:07 PM

I am getting the Pentax DA 18-250 shortly...:)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:42 PM.