Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Jun 28, 2003, 6:18 AM   #1

Default photoshop trick- straightening leaning objects

Hey everyone!

I have just gotten photoshop 7.0 and I am working my way through Sam's teach yourself photoshop in 24 hours. (Which actually in real life means teach yourself photshop in a month!...hehe)

Anyway, I learnt this new trick which I wanted to share:

http://www.pbase.com/sound/photoshop_tricks

It is done by surrounding the image in a crop line, and ticking perspective in the tool bar and then dragging in the the crop in the direction of the building.

If this is painfully obvious to everyone else and you don't want me to post such things in the future, please let me know....... hehe....this is all new and exiting to me so I just want to shout it out to everyone else too.
Soundengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2003, 11:46 AM   #2

It isn't obvious to me how to do it. I would only say that there is a software section further down in the list of forums which is about photoshop (two of them, actually.) You might want to post such tips there.

I'm actually going to take some pictures of buildings this afternoon, so knowing how to do this is really helpful.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2003, 4:13 PM   #3

Good luck with your building shoot Eric!

Do you really think I should post a spontaneous tip in the software section? I looked there and it felt like those sections were for asking questions and discussing the technical sides of the editors.

I think I would feel a little funny posting there since they seemed like such experts in that forum and I am just learning this and want to share it with others that also are learning.
Soundengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2003, 10:09 PM   #4

My building shot didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow. I'm getting paid for them, so it isn't up to me when they happen.

I know that if I was looking for info on how to straighten buildings, I would have looked in those forums not this one. But hey, I never said I was normal (and who would want to be?!)

I saw some questions in that forum about how to do things within photoshop. But you are right, there were other questions more along the line of "what editor should I use?" which is a quite a different level than this info.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote