Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Jan 10, 2007, 6:26 PM   #1

I was hoping anyone with experience shooting maternity would share tips they may have. I have a friend and cousin who are both due in March and I volunteered to take some photos of them. I've been studying many photo sites with maternity photos to get some ideas. I plan to take pics of them individually, with their spouse and with their other child.

Thanks in advance.

A
afayec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2007, 3:46 PM   #2

Bumping this one because I would like to know as well. I know theres at least one photographer here who does GORGEOUS maternity photos, so maybe we can grab his/her attention.

I need to do self-maternity pics before may and would bet I need more equipment (a new flash if I cant get them done outdoors)....but am hoping to get away with as little as possible.

At least with self-portraits, I dont have to worry about disappointing my customer.:G With the number of times I have been disappointed with the photography studios in my area for portraits, I am fairly certain I can do just as good a job.
MichelleBuerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2007, 12:39 PM   #3

I've seen some done outside in the fall and they looked amazing. unfortunately they are not mine to show you but she did do them by herself with the help of her husband.

i would experiment and play with it and if it not too cold go take them outside if they are half as good as those one you should be very happy
julianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:09 PM   #4

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but a lot of the neat maternity photos (IMO) have a fair amount of post processing done.

A lot of times, in order to make the mom to be look 'cute' you need to do some smoothing, etc.

Attached is a pic I took recently. We're expecting in 2 weeks (which is what has gotten me back into photography). More images can be seen here:

http://haydenandlaura.com/index.php?...p;g2_itemId=58

I took all the images at the link above with a 2 light setup. If you want more details, let me know and I'll post them.

hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 4:32 PM   #5

hayden, your photos look great. I used the same flower that you used (except mine was red) in my first maternity shoot of my cousin. I posted some of the pics in the following forum http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=5

Keep up the great work.

afayec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2007, 2:25 PM   #6

This line made me laugh both in a "gee, thanks a lot" and a "oh so true" sort of way as I have been experimenting taking self portraits of me and my big old belly with all our flaws and wondering why i can't be flawless like in the other maternity photos I've seen.

Great shot! And congratulations!

hayden wrote:
Quote:

A lot of times, in order to make the mom to be look 'cute' you need to do some smoothing, etc.
MichelleBuerre is offline   Reply With Quote