Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Feb 27, 2007, 5:49 AM   #1

I also figured out that while i'm shooting on the move, the sun, when the trees comes clear and the shots are also very defined. But on the contrary hwile i'm stationary and try shooting the Sun the subject is omitted.

Secondly, i would like u guys to advice me on how should i attian naturalcolours when i'm shooting indoors. For eg. if i'm shooting under enough yellow light i.e. the bulb light... i would require to achieve very natural colours of my subjects, which i guess is not possible when shooting with the flash

Kindly advice...

Cheers...

Deepak Khanna.

I'm also attaching a snap which i took whilw i was on the move.. kindly advice me on that as well

Deepak Khanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2007, 10:03 PM   #2

I'm not sure what your first question is about so please rephrase it. Pointing the camera at the sun should be done carefully to avoid damaging the sensor.

Regarding indoor shots you have two choices:

1. Use flash with either an automatic or flash white balance setting.

2. Most digital cameras don't do incandescent light automatic white balance very well so you should manually choose the incandescent setting or use a custom white balance setting. Refer to your owner's manual on how to do this.
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 5:25 AM   #3

Thanks for ur prompt replies. My first question was that I juz wanted to capture the Sun. As in seeing the Sun defined. For eg. if in a landscape of te morning Sun i wanted the Sun to be defined....... !!

I hope i'm making myself clear... kindly advice.

Thanks for ur patience.

I would like u to advice me more about taking shots indoors...

Deepak Khanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:37 PM   #4

Shooting a sunrise or sunset can be tricky. You have to shoot quickly because the light is changing fast. Bracket exposures by taking a number of shots with various settings by using the exposure compensation function or by using manual exposure. The idea is to take one shot using the meter suggestion, then take more shots one, two and three stops over the meter recommendation then one, two and three stops under the recommendation. You should use a tripod or other sturdy support.

Indoor shooting can be as challanging. Should you shoot with flash or use available light? When you use flash should you use the built in flash, which gives a harsh unflattering light, or an external flash that can bounce the light off the ceiling to give a more natural quality of light.

If you use available light you should use a tripod due to the slow shutter speeds involved. You then have to decide what white balance to use. You want the warm glow of candles but incandescant lighting looks better when it looks white. Again you have to experiment to get pleasing results.

Hope this points you in the right direction.
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote