Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Jun 22, 2007, 6:00 PM   #1

What I have come to realize is that the photographer must be adept in a much wider range of disciplines than was acceptable only a few years ago. He/She must be a photographer an intermediate art director, retouch artist and visionary. The importance of being a good communicator is also a vital part of the profession. Even if one has an agent the importance of this diversification can't be understated.

What are your impressions about where the photographer is today?

Ben

http://www.olaphoto.com
http://www.benjaminkanarek.com
Attached Images

benjikan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2007, 10:21 PM   #2

Agreed benjikan.It is a multidesiplinery act,not just click the shutter button.Coincidently ,I remember an incident(let me share with you),few month back I was taking the picture in a party.One elderly parson commented behind my back,saying,"Now days camera has become so advance,that hardly anyone will go wrong".This has set me into thinking what he says too has a point.Technology has made the photography easy.If you look all around, more or less quite a number of people has started to produce acceptable picture.
Now the crucial point why certain section of people produces pictures which is a cut above all of them.I ask this question to myself so many times ,but no answerand today after viewing your image.The answer struck to me like a bolt.The Answer is :- "Visualization" this is what make a excellent photographer stand above the rest.
"Average photographer takes the pictures,Excellent Photographer makes the picture"
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 9:11 AM   #3

mcliu

you are spot on with what u say

"Visualization" this is what make a excellent photographer stand above the rest.
"Average photographer takes the pictures,Excellent Photographer makes the picture"

you can tell in an instant who as visualisation when u look at there images, and u can tell who as just gone out snap snap snaping. just look at any of the show your pictures section !!

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote