Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Feb 29, 2008, 7:09 PM   #11

in the book i read a suggestion to prevent closed eyes in a group is to have everybody close there eyes then open them on a count of three and take the picture on four. mark i have seen your replys alot .what are you doing in your picture?
camerageak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 7:13 PM   #12
Super Moderator

The eyes close method can work although can make red eye worse as the pupils will widen, also you need to be in an environment when people can hear you clearly so they are all opening them together.

That's me on the piano, this was in my church but I also play in a band for parties, weddings, business functions etc. I like to be kept busy only problem is my real job sometimes gets in the way . We don't have any good shots of the band (my arms aren't long enough to shoot and play at the same time), but this is one that someone sent in.
Attached Images

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 7:22 PM   #13

hey mark this is off the subject but do you shoot in 1st or 2nd curtain sync.?
camerageak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 7:30 PM   #14
Super Moderator

No worries (my last post was off subject), I shoot first curtain in general, but sometimes will go for rear to give different effects when capturing movement. If you check out a thread I put together at the end of 2006 http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=90you will see some examples of what I did with rear curtain. At the recent wedding I did (you can see this in the people photos section) I didn't change to rear curtain as I was to busy having fun and didn't think. It just means you capture the first rather than last portion of the shot. I like rear as it is more extreme in effect. If you are shooting straight then I'm happy with either.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote