Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Feb 6, 2010, 7:33 AM   #1

Default Snap Shot Fashion

Snap Shot Fashion
Get Used to it

You know, all of you out there including myself who think that what is happening is what IS happening are wrong.

The HOT item right now are images taken on the streets with real people wearing what ever they wear and being cataloged and highlighted in all of the major press. The press then try emulating that look with real people wearing fashion that the magazine stylists have chosen to give them a genuine on the street and caught by accident look. They get photographers to take "Snap Shots" to give them that "LOOK" and publish them.

Take for example the hottest Fashion blogs like The Sartorialist, Style Rookie and Garance Doré. These blogs are in the Top Ten of the most powerful fashion influences today. They are cited by Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Pop etc. as well as being syndicated throughout the world. Some of these bloggers have been picked up by major photo agents, as they represent the new wave. As a result they get to shoot for the major fashion magazines around the globe.

The scene is in constant flux and the old rules no longer apply as they never did in the first place. "The Scene" is dynamic and constantly changing as are the roles of those cataloging "The Scene", i.e. the chroniclers or what used to be called fashion photographers.

To make it today as a "Fashion Photographer" you really have to see fashion to capture fashion and to see fashion you have to express your own views of what it means to you and capture it in your own way. The classic set up the image in the studio still works, but there is a new kid on the block. Better wake up to this reality and confront the fact that there will always be a "New Big Thing".

As Bob Dylan so aptly sang, "The Times They are a Changing."

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/2...-shot-fashion/
Attached Images

benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:30 AM   #2
Banned

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you gain knowledge, would you mind updating your post with extra information? It is extremely useful for me.
123camelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123camelia View Post
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you gain knowledge, would you mind updating your post with extra information? It is extremely useful for me.
I have been asked by many to do so...I may write a follow up to this article. What are you seeking?

Best
Ben
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:55 AM   #4

I too dislike the shot, but thanks for the information it is very useful as usual.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:07 AM   #5
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjikan View Post
I have been asked by many to do so...I may write a follow up to this article. What are you seeking?
benjikan:

That post from 123camelia is from a spammer using spambot software, with the posts coming from an out of the country IP Address versus Texas where their profile shows them located, probably using an out of the country proxy server to make them harder to block and track down. Note the visitor message sent to themselves with links to the site they're trying to promote here (so those links will be picked up by search engines):

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/me...23camelia.html

That's one reason the post is so "generic" in nature, so it can be posted in any thread on any type of site using spambot type software and look like it's someone interested in the thread. ;-)

"Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you gain knowledge, would you mind updating your post with extra information? It is extremely useful for me."

The poster has already been banned and links to the site they're trying to promote are being filtered now. Sorry for leaving it, as this technique is just newer and I wanted to keep it around for study purposes, as the way they're using a profile setup to look like they're in the industry being promoted is something I don't normally see (we gets lots of spam every day). That's the second one I've seen like that lately (including using visitor messages to post the spam so that it is not as obvious when reviewing forum posts). My guess is that a developer of spambot software came out with a new version they're selling to spammers with those features.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010, 12:38 PM   #6
Banned

Thanks for your great idea. And I want to share my favorite Brand fashion Shop.
**********.com, Top designer apparel supplier, FREE Shipping Abercrombie Wholesale, Cheap Ed Hardy, Juicy Tracksuits, Discount UGG Boots, Christian Louboutin Shoes, Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts, ghd hair straighteners, Designer Brand Jeans, Christian Audigier Clothing, Dsquared2 Jeans, PayPal Pay and trusty business.
For each order of 10pcs or more, we offer free shipping for customers from US, Canada, UK and Australia. We also glad to offer discount freight for customers from France, Canada, Germany and Russia if your order can be 10pcs or more.
We are sure you will love the perfect quality of what you receive from **********.com.
-NO MINIMUM ORDER, ALL WHOLESALE PRICES, BEST QUALITY & FAST SHIPPING
-RETAIL, WHOLESALE & Reliable Drop shipper
-ACCEPT PAYPAL, SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
ENJOY YOUR SHOPPING!
Codenate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010, 2:27 PM   #7
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codenate View Post
... And I want to share my favorite Brand fashion Shop...
Please don't, as we don't like Spam here. ;-)

You've now been banned, and all links to the site you're trying to promote are being filtered by our forums software, regardless of the member posting the links to them.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote