Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Jun 23, 2004, 4:59 AM   #1

Hi folks, i got my new S7000 yesterday and here is some of the first photos i took

need some ideas though for photoshoots. anyone got any???
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2004, 4:22 PM   #2
kex

Hi,

I think the second photo is really really good! Looks like a car advertising!
kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2004, 1:59 PM   #3

Liam, did you use a lens filter to get the star effects on the lights or was it added in software (or did they just turn out that way?)?

BTW is the car a SEAT? we don't get anything like that over here.

Great pictures

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2004, 12:29 AM   #4

I took these when I got my Z2... I was still learning the camera though... I really like the first one, but it's a little under exposed...

this is not cropped, just a seperate shot...

here's a link to a pic of my friends car, after he flipped it.... no thats not me, or my friend... although my friend was ok.... he was up on the road when i took the pics, the car dropped about 20 ft into the ditch....

http://joltedmedia.com/AudioAltima/P...z/PICT0050.JPG
AudioAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2004, 8:22 PM   #5

The pictures are OK, but you need to work on framing before you shoot. If you want to shoot the car, frame the car (most evident in the first picture). The second one is a little better, but it's still a picture of a building and lots of other stuff, including a car. The third one looks like a Honda advertisement. If that's what you were trying to do, that's fine, but if you were trying to take a picture of the car, then take a picture of the car.

I've had good success framing the person/subject/building fairly closely. Most folks who take pictures try to get too much into each frame (you do it to a lesser extent than most people). Cropping is an alternative, but doing that throws away a lot of good pixels.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2004, 9:52 PM   #6

Wildman wrote:
Quote:
The pictures are OK, but you need to work on framing before you shoot. If you want to shoot the car, frame the car (most evident in the first picture). The second one is a little better, but it's still a picture of a building and lots of other stuff, including a car. The third one looks like a Honda advertisement. If that's what you were trying to do, that's fine, but if you were trying to take a picture of the car, then take a picture of the car.

I've had good success framing the person/subject/building fairly closely. Most folks who take pictures try to get too much into each frame (you do it to a lesser extent than most people). Cropping is an alternative, but doing that throws away a lot of good pixels.
I understand what you're saying, but I was experimenting. I like to have a background in my pictures, alot of times it adds to the feel. I just got to get better at it. I gotta keep the attention on the main subject. And in some of the pics I couldnt help but have a lantern behind it, so it sorta takes away from the picture itself, also makes it difficult to expose properly.

I am however very proud of my 5th picture in there (2nd last one).... After a little more experimention, with the shutter and apperture, I thought this one came out really well... so I shot it in color, and then one in B&W and in Sephia... the Sephia, as seen, came out the best!
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:52 AM   #7

Here's some more. The cars were dirty though!

Old Aug 27, 2004, 7:19 PM   #8

Here is a quick picture of the Fiero I am selling. No it hasn't been cleaned and you should not take pictures of cars on grass, makes them look like abandoned cars.

Ira
Attached Images

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote