How's this?
Attached Images

Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:09 AM   #12

It looks kind of magenta, but the best yet. From my
monitor it seems to need less red and blue. probably
5:4 less, but looks like the best yet.
hedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 4:28 AM   #13

I tried, but I only wanted to use one tool (just to give you an idea). The last post is definitely the best so far (and better than mine...). I couldn't do that without some selective editing.

Another tool to be aware of is 'selective colour'. If you choose neutrals, you can usually remove your average colour cast. There are other, more complex ways to remove casts which I won't go into...

Anway, I just corrected this with curves. I included screenshots of the curves to give you an idea...

Attached Images

Nikodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 4:29 AM   #14

Here are the curves used...
Attached Images

Old Feb 1, 2005, 4:36 AM   #15

And with a bit of selective editing (using layers, the airbrush and soft-light)... quick job (real quick!)...

Kalypso's is the way to go I guess... Technique?? Do tell!
Attached Images

Old Feb 19, 2005, 6:23 AM   #16

I had attempted to ask the photographer for the original, untoned file so I could work on it. However, he had not replied with the file, so I just figured I'd take one of the more completed images that someone had tried to finish. The image I see now was cropped.

Here you go, but the most important thing is to rarely use auto balance in such situations. White balance for mixed lighting, or any light other than daylight is suggested. At night, try using the incandescent setting. It tends to take out at least some of the nasty yellows.

I couldnt fine- tune this image since the file size was so poor. I'm done with it. :|
Attached Images

steaksauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 1:01 PM   #17

I know this is old subject but I have had my share of white balance problems while taking pictures at night. My camera does not have manual WB adjustment and pictures taken in places with sodium lighting (yellow) come out too cool and the lights look kind of pink. Some time ago I discovered that the white balance is locked to some good enough setting when using the flash and places illuminated with non-white lights come out very close to what they really look and the pictures look warm enough for my taste.

I have taken pictures of the Christmas decorations of the town square where I live for publication in my web site and you can notice the difference between the pictures taken in 2002 (first time) and 2003 and the latest from 2004. Last time I forced the flash on all the time boy covered it with a small piece of cardboard to avoid the flash from affecting the picture when not wanted. The pictures for 2002 are in http://www.juanadiaz.org/plaza2002 and there are links for 2003 and 2004. The lighting in 2004 was changed from sodium to metal halide (white) but you can see an improvement in the color temperature of the pictures anyway becuase they are all consistent.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 11:38 PM   #18

I gave this a try using Photoimpact 10. It needed quite a lot of desaturation as well as color cast adjusment. I didn't spend too much time trying to get it exact, I was just after a close approximation.

brian
Attached Images

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 10:33 PM   #19

Just for laughs, I returned to the same spot this evening, almost one year later. I tried to duplicate every element of the shot, with the exception of adjusting the white balance for tungsten. It's still a little overblown, but the colours are a little more pleasing.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com
Attached Images

Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 6:34 PM   #20

I realize I came into this one way late, but I was bored and decided to give it a try. My method involved adjustment layers for some of the coloration.
Attached Images

DrDictionary1 is offline   Reply With Quote