Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Jul 26, 2005, 5:21 AM   #1

Hi Buddies,

I bought a canon A520 digital camera and I am very impressed by the shots. But, I found a strange problem, less pronounced in Sony or Nikon 4MP cameras. Some shots in canon A520, where over-exposed at some places where the lighting was high! This happens when the background is more lit than the foreground. Is this a common problem in all digital cameras? Pls give me some tips or tricks to overcome/eliminate this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Naren
narenkiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2005, 10:09 PM   #2

I have an a75 and had that problem too. I assume you were shooting in auto mode. The aparture (f-#) was set too low. In those situations where there is a brighter background it's recommended to use the AV (aperture)mode. In order to bring everything from foreground to background in focus you select a higher F-#, such as 5.0 or 5.6.
pineywoodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 3:39 AM   #3

Hi! Piney,

Thanks for ur comment. I usually use the program mode with vivid settings for the pictures. So, if I use aperture priority mode with higher F number....i can get normal shots without over-exposure?

By and by, can u pls explain the difference between higher F# and lower F#? and the shutter values for the corresponding F#s?

Thanks in advance!
narenkiel is offline   Reply With Quote