Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Aug 26, 2005, 3:18 AM   #1

Hi everyone,

I have seen some pictures of kids as portrait whereby the whole picture is black and white except for the eyes. Any idea how I can do that with Photoshop Elements?? Step by Step instructions please. I know a little about photoshop but not much .

thank u.
musicarvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 26, 2005, 9:25 PM   #2

• In the layers palette click on 'Create Adjustment Layer' (the half black, half white circle next to the trash can)[/*]
  • Select Hue/Saturation [/*]
  • In the dialog box, move the Saturation slider all the way to the left, click OK.[/*]
  • Zoom in close to the eyes, then select the brush tool. Make it a suitable size.[/*]
  • Now make sure the foreground and background colours are the default by pressing D on your keyboard, then make sure that black is the foreground colour. If it is white, then press X on your keyboard.[/*]
  • Paint over the eyes to bring back the colour.[/*]
  • If you go out of the eye then press X again to make white the foreground colour and 'paint the B&W effect back in. Switch like this at anytime to make any changes necessary.[/*]
  • When done, flatten the image and make any further adjustments if desired. You will likely want to do a contrast adjustment as the Hue/Saturation method of converting to b&w/greyscale is not the best.
[/*]
Hope this helps.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2005, 7:17 AM   #3

Hi Stevekin,

thank you so very much. Havent tried it as yet but will do it as soon as I get a chance. hmm been so busy lately !

arvind sachdev,
chiang mai,
thailand
musicarvind is offline   Reply With Quote