Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Sep 14, 2005, 11:53 AM   #1
koy

I'd like to know, if I buy new camera from Buydig.

..Have items good sealed from factory .

how much can i trust?
koy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2005, 12:22 PM   #2

I have bought big ticket items from Buydig.com( not cameras) and am very happy. I know others who have bought cameras there and they also pleased. I think its a reputable place

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 1:04 AM   #3

Yep...one of the few honest dealers!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 7:01 AM   #4

I hope Dan and Kalypso don't work for them!

While have heard only good about buydig.com,I remain always leery of a "lowest-price" online only vendor ... do they call back and try to upsell as some merchants in NY do? I won't order from upsellers andwill NOTorder grey market.

I am considering giving them a try since there is such a savings on the Epson P2000 digital "wallet"/display unit. Otherwise I will stick with B&H or Adorama as I usually do.

hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 10:20 AM   #5

Two invaluable tools:

Reseller Ratings

Better Business Bureau
David French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 12:09 PM   #6

I have bought from BuyDig also. I had checked out others opinions and read reviews prior to purchasing a camera and an extra battery. They had good prices and I spoke to them prior to my purchase. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a "gray-market" price. I went with my gut feeling that they were a very good company and bought the camera. I spent the $$$$ for a high end camera. The camera arrived within a week - never had a problem with it or the extra battery to this day!!! I bought the camera 18 months ago!

Read the opinions, listen to others and talk personally with the company and then decide. I really think you will be pleased.

Good luck!
Sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 1:05 PM   #7

David, thanks for the links.

I think I prefer the BBB to the sorted low to high Reseller Ratings (sorted by date, the dissatisfied ratings seem to be sporatic).

I'll give buydiga try, especially since our moderator seems to have had good luck there, but will stay away from these dipicted in the link belowI discovered afew months ago! http://www.panix.com/~donwiss/pictures/BrooklynStores/
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 9:59 AM   #8
koy

thank you very much everybody... ^^
koy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 11:29 PM   #9

I saw the same post on NY dealers awhile back also. Thing is, I've purchased from ButterflyPhoto.com on several occasions with no problems at all and they have a LOT of positive feedback from resellerRatings. I tend to look at the latest for complaints and then older ones for the same. So far (fingers crossed) I've had no problems online. But if you ever get a deal shown too good to be true, you can bet it is.

Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 3:27 PM   #10
dlw

I have purchased all of my equipment from buydig.com (3 cameras, several lens, batteries, memorycards. I have never had a problem, including a couple of returns on a lens and a bad Sakar battery I received. When I lost my sales receipt for my Rebel XT (had the camera about 6 months, they looked up my purchase and emailed a copy of the invoice within 5 minutes. I will buy from them again for sure. BTW, no one at any time from buydig.com has ever tried to upsell me or any of those type things that people say happens to them elsewhere. Also, everything has been as advertised, all documents, warranty papers, etc. Nope, don't work for them, live in Nebraska, just a very satisfied customer.
dlw is offline   Reply With Quote