Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Oct 25, 2005, 4:45 AM   #1

Any help here appreciated,when I take photos indoors the pictures seem to have a reddish orange cast to them for the most part pictures are clear just have that cast on them I am thinking its the lighting I have a Canon a610 I am also kind of new to digi cams,any suggestions?...............thanks in advance
tripleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2005, 7:12 AM   #2

You might read how to do a "white balance" with your camera. Or, perhaps, it has a setting to use under tungstin lighting ... most digital cameras have one or both features, but I am not familiar with your model specifically so check your manual. Perhaps someone else will tell you exactly how to set white balance on your specific camera.
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 8:46 AM   #3

Sorry to be blunt, but RTFM (Read The Fine Manual) and figure out how to set the color balance. Depending on the camera, thereare at leastfourpossible ways to do it.

If after reading the manual something doesn't seem to make sense (perhaps a translation from Chinese via Hindi and Japanesse), ask for help in the forum for your specific camera. Figuring out how to ask for help will get some good answers form the folks who hang out here. Nobody bites, though some socks do get unraveled once in a while.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 6:14 PM   #4

You can always fix it with software after the fact.
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 1:10 AM   #5

Maybe the best hint of all is: Always use a tripod when you shoot in poor light conditions, because the camera slow down the speed automatically.
gucascante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 5:51 PM   #6

gucascante wrote:
Quote:
Maybe the best hint of all is: Always use a tripod when you shoot in poor light conditions, because the camera slow down the speed automatically.
This will help prevent blur from camera shake, but will not prevent motion blur from the subject. Also, this will not solve the poster's original question. The best bet, which has been suggested by others, is to set the white balance to the correct setting as described in the manual.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 2:09 PM   #7

tripleh wrote:
Quote:
Any help here appreciated,when I take photos indoors the pictures seem to have a reddish orange cast to them for the most part pictures are clear just have that cast on them I am thinking its the lighting I have a Canon a610 I am also kind of new to digi cams,any suggestions?...............thanks in advance

Hey Hunter, (Triple H)....LOL

Can you post the picture? A lot of times color casts can be easily corrected in post processing. If you can post the picture, I will try to correct it for you.

Other than that, Bill's advise is correct. Read how to set the proper white balance on your camera for each different type of light setting.

Post the picture if you can, or would like some help.

Brian Randall is offline   Reply With Quote