Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Feb 23, 2003, 12:10 PM   #1

Default Vivitar USB download problems

Trying to download the pics of a Vivitar Vivicam 355 camera via the provided USB proprietary software interface. I am using Win98se and keep getting errors every time I try to load the given camera drivers. The error is a result of having had Adaptec/Roxio EZ CD 5 Platinum previously loaded on my system. I do have a burner (CDR/W) and planned on using it to save/archive my downloaded pics. I can't find a working solution. Vivitar says to update the EZCD 5 software. I did and had NO change in problem. I uninsatalled, deleted, purged, regedited and did everything I know possible to remove anything Adaptec, Roxio, EZ CD, ECDC and anything directly related. I STILL have the problem. It is not cost or time effective for me to reformat and reload my system. Backups and such may still carry the same problem if I backup and save then reload. ANY real solid ideas are WELCOME!!!
buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2003, 1:10 PM   #2

What are the error messages? Type the error message into a search engine (I like Dogpile.com) and see what happens.

www.usbman.com might be of some help.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 5:38 PM   #3

Can't understand why the CD burner stuff interferes, was your burner on a USB interface then, or is the software trying to burn a CD direct out of the cam? Did you take out the burner and drivers from system hardware?

If all else fails, install Partition Magic's dual boot and re-install your OS again on a fresh partition. At least it keeps your original stuff together.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2003, 8:57 PM   #4

My apologies guys. The Vivitar web site had the info necessary to resolve the problems I was having with my Vivicam 355 downloads. My problem seems to stem from not getting solid system restarts after adding the necessary files directed by the Vivitar website info. Had to dig to find it, but it was there. The end result was downloading and copying a file into the correct directory AND doing a solid system restart. I have since also resolved a similar issue with my CD burner too while installing NERO 5.5.6.9 ROM burning software. Anyway, Vivitar had the camera fix info but it wasn't very plain to find to resolve my issues.
buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote