Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Nov 30, 2005, 11:37 PM   #1

I have had problems with logging on and three times I have had to re-register under a different User Name etc.

The problem seems to be housekeeping with Ashampoo Optimiser. I generally housekeep on Sundays and use AVG anti-virus, Ad-Aware and Optimiser plus the normal defrag etc. I suspected Ad-Aware as it always seems to find things marked "critical" which I remove so, uninstalled Ad-Aware. I have not scanned with AVG or used Optimiser since I last re-registered.

Yesterday after I installed the latest edition of Elements 4 and deleted Elements 3, I ran Optimiser. This morning I couldn't log in to the Forum.

I hesitate to do full scans now with anything and certainly will not use Optimiser again unless someone has any other ideas
Bootneck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2005, 1:01 AM   #2

I also use AVG anti-virus, and Ad-Aware regularly without problems, so I would guess that it is the sue of optimiser that is causing this. I'm not familiar with the software, but would look for settings that would allow me to have it leave login and password info alone.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 2:52 AM   #3

Thanks Brian fo the quick response and foe assurance on Ad-Aware and AVG.

I reported the problem to Steve and he confirmed that Optimiser type programs can and do cause this problems.

Next step of course is dump Optimiser and reinstal Ad-Aware.

What an excellent Forum this is!
Bootneck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 9:07 PM   #4

Not to call out anyone on this but what would running a clean-up software do to the website here? The passwords for this website are stored on steves server and you cant delete it from your computer or change it unless you do it through his member control planel which is also on his server. I couldnt see where anything you would do on your computer therewould change anything on his server. The only thing maybe would be that you are storing your passwords and its deleting which would only cause you to have to login again.I run"OneClick Destruction" from steganoswhich goes though and delete all internet type stuff, and other than having to login again at the next use I dont have an issue.
nitroq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 9:23 PM   #5

Do you by any chance have the Ashampoo privacy protector? If so this is most likely what is causing the issue. Those type programs store website passwords and you would need to go into the management on it and give it the correct password. If not I would email the issue to support at ashampoo and they will tell you what to change to stop it from blocking access. But there is no need to keep registering its something on your computer blocking you.
nitroq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 4:19 PM   #6

sounds like you are bloking a session cookie from the site - perhaps
ixus_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:43 AM   #7

ixus_123 wrote:
Quote:
sounds like you are bloking a session cookie from the site - perhaps
nitroq2is correct...you can't affect Steve's servers with some Malware clean-up app...

@ixus...running these cleanup progs don't block a session cookie, they blow them out...so that cookie is no longer there and hence your history with that site is gone...

roy123 is offline   Reply With Quote