Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Mar 20, 2003, 3:35 AM   #1

Default + Scratches Plzzzzz HeLp:"( +

Im a new member in here! Ive got Nikon Coolpix 2500 And I noticed some scratches on its screen its rrrrrrreally getting me down so what can I do? any ideas pleaze heLp!
DubaisGirL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2003, 6:18 PM   #2
Administrator

If those scratches are on the LCD it is only cosmetic, it won't affect the picture quality. Basically there isn't anything you can do to fix that short of having the LCD itself replaced. Just live with the scratches :roll:

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2003, 8:46 PM   #3

you can put a writeright or some type of screen protetor to avoid scratching it anymore. plus if they are small scratches you wont notice them once the writeright is on it.
thedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2003, 6:28 AM   #4

Metal polish such as brasso works really well. Can be used on cds too. Very low tech but does the job. I'm thinking of selling kits with polishing instructions and make a fortune.
joefzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2003, 11:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefzd
Metal polish such as brasso works really well. Can be used on cds too. Very low tech but does the job. I'm thinking of selling kits with polishing instructions and make a fortune.
reminds me something
long ago , the watch repair shops used to polish scratched watches glass, and it came out like new
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2003, 8:13 PM   #6

Don't use any abrasive like Brasso on any screen that has an AR (anti-reflective) coating or it will be history.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2003, 12:50 PM   #7

Agreed. Don't use a cutting polish on an anti-glare coating. Most screens are plain hard plastic though. Best thing is to protect from new.
joefzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2003, 7:00 AM   #8

Hi Dubais Girl__

Here is something else you can try presuming scratches on are the LCD.

Find an LCD protector and apply it.

It may "mask" the scratches

Regards,

Digcamfan
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2003, 3:07 PM   #9

If most digital cameras are like mine it is most likely that what got scratched was just a plastic window on top of the LCD itself. The anti-glare coating is not in that window, so using polisher in the outer plastic window is ok. But before applying the polish, make sure this is the case.

I have used CD polish in one of those cheap Casio watches and it came out like new. Even deep scratches seemed to disappear.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2003, 2:44 AM   #10

I am a TV repair tech, and often run into scratched CRTs-haven't found anything that is useful in minimizing or eliminating them. It sounds like what you folks are discussing might do the trick for me. But I never heard of CD polish? I assume its used to clean up scratches that cause problems reading data from the CD; where could I get some of that? The brasso should work also, where might I find that... Thanks for anyones help here
tech type is offline   Reply With Quote