Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old Mar 13, 2006, 8:50 AM   #1

its in the 29th of March as you know and i know that i have no time to spend on the controls of my camera since its just about 4 minutes... thus i want to be ready at the time...

choises are S1 IS, A620, and a film SLR.. so which one should i use with which controls? aperture, shutter speed etc..

also i have one of those glasses for watching it, maybe i can put it in front of the lens of the camera ???

thanks..
echinacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:09 PM   #2

If you Google Solar eclipse, you should find a lot of good info. I have posted a picture in the weekly challenge forum with basic method I used with little preparation.

If you are able, use a telescope as a projector, to project the sun's image on to a white screen. Use your camera to get pictures of the projected image. This way, you do not have to look directly at the sun, and you can set up camera to get nearly full frame, instead of a tiny image in the sky.

The light changes rapidly during an eclipse, so you must constantly be changing your exposure settings.

I won't be anywhere near this one, so good luck. I look forward to seeing your results.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 9:51 AM   #3

sorry that should be solar eclipse.. :-)

echinacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:00 AM   #4

An old trick that'll work is using welders goggles or just go buy the small plate and put it over the lense or you can use Green plastic garbage bag.....I did it in 1991 I think it was on my video camera and it worked great...just experiment before hand to get it right you'd be surprised of the results:-)
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote