Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tips & Tricks

Old May 14, 2006, 1:02 AM   #1
abl

I've been trying to do this forever, but it is becoming an ever more desirable thing to do now that large storage cards are inexpensive and on-camera displays are becoming brighter and larger.... how do you get your own imagery onto a meory card, hence to be displayed on a digital camera screen (and played to TV out)?

I have never been able to make this work. I have tried on a series of Nikon cameras of various vintages starting with the Coolpix 900 right up to the 8800. Now tried with the Sony N1 and T9. Try this yourself: download a picture from your camera, edit it a bit, save it to your camera's card (even with the same name) - can't be played back in the camera. Sometimes even if you don't edit it at all: download it, save it to disk, move it back to the camera: unreadable. Never mind putting random other pictures on the camera.

I would like to use my new (coming) T30 for slideshows, A 2GB stick goes a long way to hold a lot of my nicer pictures. Think what you could to if you could dump a series of JPGs from Powerpoint to the camera: attach the camera to a conference room projector, and show your presentation right off of it.

So after this long intro... has anyone succeded in doing it? How? I see software that allows uploading videos to your digicam (http://www.makayama.com/digitalcamera.html found searching this group) bit how about plain old stills/ Any such thing exist? Please?

Thanks for any pointers.
abl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2006, 10:52 PM   #2
Administrator

TVwriter for Windows
Windows program to convert JPEGs after processing in Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop etc. for TV slideshow display from your digital camera or on your large-screen TV. Make your slideshow from any JPEG file - camera original or edited. Yes, what many people have said was impossible can now be done with the help of TVwriter. Take individual JPEG files or even a complete folder of JPEG files and using simple drag-and-drop convert them into a slideshow you can carry around in your pocket on a Compact Flash or Smart Media card, and display on any NTSC or PAL compatible TV direct from your camera! Other digital cameras including the Canon 10D, G2, G3, G5, Pro1, S45, S100, S200, S300, S410, S500, Casio EX-Z55, QV-5700, Jenoptik JD 2300 Z3, Kodak DC4800, Nikon Coolpix 950, 990, 995, 2100, 2200, 3100, 3200, 4500, 4800, 5000, 5700, 8400, D70, S1 Olympus C-1 zoom, C-2100 UZ, C-220 zoom, C-2500L, C-3040, C-4000, C-5050 zoom, C-700, C-720 UZ, D-40 zoom, D-460, Panasonic FZ5, FZ20, Pentax Optio 330 Optio 430 RS, Sony DCS-F505V, DSC-P1, TRV-11, TRV-330, T3 and W1 can read these images, as can some Pioneer and Sony TVs with a card or memory stick reader! It works on the Pioneer DVR-5100H DVD recorder as well. The registered version of this program has technical support, more facilities, a higher quality output, and doesn't have the "demonstration" text at the picture edges.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 11:21 PM   #3
abl

Thank yo uSteve - I almost emailed you directly since I figured if anyone knew, you probably would.... but maybe this thread will serve someone else too.
Thanks again.

I do wonder what the magic is though, and why the heck the digicam manufacturers have to make it so hard anyway - what *are* they trying to protect???

abl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 10:17 AM   #4
Administrator

The all important Exif data is usually not saved after editing and this is how a digicam "knows" that a jpg image is proper or not. The TVWriter program appends an Exif header to the jpg file and problem solved. Some editing programs and viewers do have an option to save and rewrite the Exif data but most do not.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote