Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Toshiba

Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:07 AM   #31

So I checked the batteries with a voltage meter and found the batteries were indeed fully charged.
===============================
If it was MY camera, before I tossed it I'd make sure the batteries were good. A voltmeter cannot pick up ALL bad battery conditions.
harry12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2006, 9:31 AM   #32

Help My parents bought the PDR-3300 2 years ago and never took it out of the box.

I have it now and the pictures come out all messed up. Some of the pictures will be split framed. The bottom of one picture on the top of another. Some are just jumbled pixels. I am very frustaited. It has a skandisk 256 mb card in it. I amjust wandering if it is the card or the camera. Thanks

Sam
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:42 AM   #33

<snip>
Some of the pictures will be split framed. The bottom of one picture on the top of another. Some are just jumbled pixels. I am very frustaited. It has a skandisk 256 mb card in it. I am just wandering if it is the card or the camera. Thanks
====================================
Are you talking about seeing the pix in the camera? Or outside the camera?
harry12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:07 PM   #34

My sister-in-law handed me down her old
Toshiba PDR-3300 digital camera. When I
used it, I found out it could only shoot 5
pics because it had only an 8 mb sd card.
I bought a 1gb sd card, loaded it but I
got a message saying it could not be used.
I learned online that I needed to upgrade
my firmware which was only version 1.02A.
I could not find where I could download the
upgrade. Can anybody point me where or
can share his/her copy? Thanks.
rongal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2009, 5:48 AM   #35

Toshiba discontinued this camera and now charges $19.95 for support. No email support from them, Slow start, shutter lag, balky AC adapter, power hog, outdated design.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:39 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongal View Post
I could not find where I could download the upgrade. Can anybody point me where or can share his/her copy? Thanks.
I have managed to update my firmware from v1.05A to v1.06A, and am registering on this form to post this update to the thread, in the hopes that other people searching for answers will find these instructions. This procedure was tested using the PDR-3330, but I assume it should work for the PDR-3300 as well.

While Toshiba's own site for this camera has long since disappeared, I was able to locate a copy on mydrivers.com (Despite it being a Chinese website, the firmware is the English version), and then figure out the flashing procedure by trial-and-error. The file description warns that the upgrade should be performed starting from version 1.05A; update from older versions at your own risk. Also, before performing the upgrade, I hit the Reset option in the settings, to restore all values to default.

There are four files in the archive Toshiba_pdr3330_firmware106a.zip:
  • Main3330.bin
  • Pdr_3300.bin
  • Pdr_3330.bin
  • PDR_BOOT.bin

Copy Main3330.bin and PDR_BOOT.bin, plus either Pdr_3300.bin or Pdr_3330.bin (depending on your camera version) to the root directory of your SD card (I have no idea if Main3330.bin will need to be re-named for PDR-3300 model cameras, or if it will work as-is).

Insert the card. Then, with the camera off, set the dial to Setup (Wrench Icon). Press and hold down the Delete (Trash Icon) button while hitting Power to turn it back on. After the few seconds it takes to start up, the camera should immediately enter "Reprogram Mode" and begin updating automatically. Once all indicators are at 100%, you can power-off the camera and remove the card.

If successful, you should see 1.06A reported under the Setup > System Info > Firmware Version screen. I have not yet tested it with any recent-vintage cards (only my old 128MB and 256MB cards, which work fine), so I cannot report if SD compatibility has improved any yet.

Good luck.
Guppie is offline   Reply With Quote