Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Toshiba

Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:26 PM   #1

I WAS USING MY CAMERA TO FILM MY GRANDAUGHTER IN A PRE-SCHOOL GRADUATION ,AND THE CAMERA GOT HOT AND WENT OFF AND HASN'T CAME BACK ON SINCE.WHEN BATTERIES ARE IN IT SAYS THEY ARE LOW.EVEN WHEN THEY ARE CHARGED FULLY.IT SOMETIMES MAKES A NOISE BUT WON'T POWER ON. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT COULD BE WRONG.OR WHERE I COULD GET IT CHECKED OUT ?
smason2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2006, 5:48 AM   #2

Any honest camera shop is going to tell you that the cost to check out the camera, much less repair it, would be more than the camera is worth. You can try cleaning the battery contacts, but my guess is it's time to look for a new camera. The good news is that just about any digital camera available today is much better than the PDR-M25.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 2:08 PM   #3

Just on an off chance that you still have your camera, I had a similar thing happen to mine, but it was my fault.

In my attempt to look at the battery, I put the battery the wrong way, as the battery comparment is not idot proof. So when I put the camera back on charging, it would say it is charged in about 5 minutes, but it would not hold any charge. I thought that this is a junk camera, and had given up on it, and then I decided to give it one last chance. I took out the battery, looked at the battery connections and then the battery itself, and swore I had put the battery in correctly, but I was WRONG!! Once I put the battery in correctly, it took about 3 hours to charge, and has worked well since. I think the poor battery compartment design may have cost Toshiba its bad reputation.

Anyways, this is just my experience, so please take it with a pinch of salt, as I may be more dense than the average Joe.

Hope this helps,

-thepusher
thepusher is offline   Reply With Quote