Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Toshiba

Old Dec 21, 2003, 10:50 PM   #1

Default Moving images back to the card - Toshiba 3320

Hi,

The family bought my father a Toshiba 3320 for xmas last year. He loves it - but he has one problem with it. He has not been able to figure out how upload the pictures back to the camera after he has downloaded and edited them.
This function would be allow him to show us a slideshow on the tv.
I don't yet own a digital camera - so I'm of no help.
I believe he said he has been following the directions but it doesn't seem to work. I noticed a similar question was asked on the general forum and the response was that they were probably uploaded back on the camera - but could not be seen. Is this the case for the Toshiba?

Thanks.
Vic

p.s. I love this forum - I am anticipating my digital camera purchase in February. It's amazing what I'm learning and I don't even own the camera yet.
victw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2003, 9:04 AM   #2

I have a PDR-M700 so I'm not sure if this answer will help. I also had trouble viewing the images I copied back to the camera just using Windows copy. Windows explorer showed them there but the camera wouldn't display them.
I then read the manual and it recommended using the software that came with the camera (ACDsee). When I did it that way, it worked fine and I have been running slide shows with my camera. The remote control that comes with the PDR-M700 makes a slide show easy to run from my favorite recliner.
I also use the software to edit pictures and put them back on the memory card to take to the local processor for digital prints.
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2003, 9:22 AM   #3

Default Re: Moving images back to the card - Toshiba 3320

Quote:
Originally Posted by victw
figure out how upload the pictures back to the camera after he has downloaded and edited them.
This function would be allow him to show us a slideshow on the tv.
The returned pictures have to have the right header, follow a suitable naming convention, and be present within the camera's usual folder structure.

He needs "TVWriter" from www.satsignal.net (based in Edinburgh, Scotland). It's shareware, but there's a free demo version with an advert on every frame, so you can try it out before buying for 20ukpounds or so. It works for many brands of camera. I find I have to create a dummy folder structure on the camera's card by taking a single picture before transferring the slide show images.

Incidentally, it allows you to inflict your life's works, sales pitches, political platforms, etc. on any audience that owns a TV, without hiring a lecture theatre and projector, because it will give you an image on your camera from *any* jpeg that you present to the program.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote