Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Toshiba

Old Jun 18, 2004, 10:32 PM   #1

I have a problem with the ENTER button on the back of the camera. Does anybody have any idea what the cost to repair it would be?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Gemin14
gemini14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2005, 1:57 PM   #2

Do you want to sell the camera? Contact [email protected]
sibosf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2005, 7:08 PM   #3

If by trouble, you mean the enter buttom is loose and only works in one or two directions (if that), I have good news and bad news.

More than likely the inside of the enter button that fits over the shaft of the switch has broken and the switch is probably fine. This is the good news. I had to send mine beck to get repaired once but the second broke also. This time I took the trouble to gently pry the plastic back that holds the LCD and covers the button off. The lowere left hand side slides into the back so you have to gently lift the top and both sides then gently peel the panel from the top outward. You can then check the enter button or remove it. You might be able to repair it. Then you would press the back panel back into the holes the pins fit in. I removed mine and put in a plastic sheet with a hole in the middle that fits over the shaft of the switch. It ain't pretty but it works again.

The bad news is, I haven't found any place that sells that button.

It's still a great little camera and still takes great pictures, but I'll be passing it down in the family because I just bought a new Canon S2 IS. The only thing I can say about it is "WOW".

Hope this helps a little. Also I won't be buying any more Toshiba problems....I mean products.
TheRealRoadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 1:43 AM   #4

"Also I won't be buying any more Toshiba problems....I mean products."

I think a lot of us "former" Toshiba digicam owners feel the same way. The company shot itself in the foot with its little foray into the digital camera business. If it says "Toshiba" on the product, it willNEVER find its way into my home.

lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote