Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Toshiba

Old Jan 8, 2005, 11:52 PM   #11

"I've given up on the Toshiba. Bought a Nikon 4100 on eBay

just before Christmas. Will use the PDR 3100 as a paper

weight."

Hey, there are some "happy" Toshiba owners with "lucky" cameras on this board......or is it "lucky" Toshiba owners with "happy" cameras? I forget. Oops, if I'm not careful, I'll be chastised forbadmouthing Toshiba again. I don't want to sound like a broken record so let me say something nice about the company. Let's see. Oh, yeah. Toshiba makes REALLY good paper weights. :blah:
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 2:36 PM   #12

I've given up on this camera (... and it doesn't have a lens cover).
h20s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 2:37 PM   #13

This paperweight is being sent to Toshiba in Calif. Letthe CEOuse it as a paperweight.
h20s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 3:38 PM   #14

I had exactly the same problem- dark grey screen, camera will take pictures but are totaly blank (even though they record to card). LCD screen is ok cos it dispays the Menu fine and other pics I import from my PC via the Memory Card.

So I took the bugger apart and replaced the LCD PCB, the 3 main PCB's to the right of the screen, the Shutter and Power switch assembly and checked all micro ribbon cables for scratches and breaks, replacing where necessary.

This took about 3 solid days and it was starting to get personal.

It didn't work.

PC 1, Me 0 :

Then! I noticed that Toshiba cams come with FirmWare to presumeably make the damn things work.

Yes! I was on a roll...

Or so I thought...

There is no way I can see to actualy GET the FirmWare for the PDR-3310, you can get it for just about anything else, but no upgrades have been done on the 3310's Firmware so no Downloads anywhere.

My fav Driver site (DriverGuide.Com) didn't even have it. Incidently, I just put the Driver for this camera on there if anyone needs it- the handbook says XP users don't need it but you DO. There was an upissue to the handbook saying so as well. Anyway...

If anyone DOES have the Firmware for this piece of shiit, can they please E-Mail it to me at [email protected]. I'd be very grateful cos this is doing my heid in.

Oh, I also replaced the CCD Detector Array (the chip behind the Lens Assy) with no success. Sooo, the only possible explanation left is:

1. The FirmWare is needed and has been deleted by a weird combination of key presses.

2. The Shutter is stuck closed due to failure in the machanical/ electrical system PRIOR to the CCD Array.

Note: I have dissasembled the Lens Assembly on the scrap camera I obtained to see how easy it would be to get it back together again as a prelude to checking the Shutter Mechanism and I honestly would not advise doing it to my worst enemy- it is truely a nightmare.

Slante!
ir.clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 12:55 PM   #15

I have the same problem, after 4 years and about 2,000 pictures.

Attached a sample picture from it.

I thought its the CCD, is there any point sending it to repair?

Attached Images

Ilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 1:07 PM   #16

FYI

I just put in batteries after a week that I kept them out and its working!!!

Try it.

Ilan is offline   Reply With Quote