Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Toshiba

Old Sep 12, 2004, 2:19 PM   #1

Has toshiba released anything new since the pdr-m500 and m700?

i checked their US website and they have the same cameras there as they did a year ago...do they still make cameras, or are they done?
Redman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2004, 12:51 AM   #2

"do they still make cameras, or are they done?"

I really don't see how Toshiba can survive in the digital camera market much longer. As much as they are having to discount present models just to get them out the door, it's my guess that they aren't turning a profit. Up to this point, the foray into digital cameras has only damaged the Toshiba brand name. As far as I know, Wal-Mart no longer sells their cameras. Does anyone know if the other "big box" stores still sell them?
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2004, 3:58 AM   #3

damn lucky, toshiba must have really cost you some big bucks for you to bad mouth them in every thread..lol
Old Sep 15, 2004, 9:45 PM   #4

He's complaining about a camera that came out six (6) years ago. Maybe he ought to go easy on all that caffeine. :O
harry12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2004, 5:59 AM   #5

"He's complaining about a camera that came out six (6) years ago."

Actually, the complaint isn't so much about the PDR-M4 which had the well-documented defective mode dial which tended to simply fall off in people's hands. It's about the models Toshiba issued AFTER the PDR-M4 which were manufactured with the same defective dial, andit'sultimately about Toshiba's failure to admit the problem and take responsibility for it. I readily concede that I have a problem with companies which show such a lack of integrity.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 7:01 PM   #6

so stop buying from them...you recite the same line in every toshiba thread, that the dial falls off in your hands and toshiba does nothing about it... other than you, no one here has posted about the dial falling off in their hands...

maybe we all have lucky cameras that dont have this problem, and you ironically got the unlucky one...im happy with my toshiba camera, alot of others are too...and even tho some people have their occasional problems, all other camera companies have faults too... toshiba gave a 1 year warranty, and i have an additional year from where i bought it, so if in those 2 years anything goes wrong i can take it back for repairs, a new camera, or my money back.

its one thing to warn people about an issue with a company and a problem you had 6 years ago, its another thing to be a broken record about it...
Old Sep 17, 2004, 4:18 AM   #7

Well, I have no desire to get into a p___ing contest. You have a right to express your opinion, and I'm glad you have that right. I have that right, also, and will continue to exercise it when I wish.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 6:22 AM   #8

Well, to paraphrase Richard Nixon, I guess no one will have this "broken record" to kick around anymore. Since Toshiba just notified the public that they exited the digital camera business last March, I probably won't be warning people about problems with their cameras now; and telling those who have purchased a Toshiba digital camera since March that the company has a lack of integrity seems to be a moot point. That appears to be self-evident. For those of you who listened to my "bad mouthing" and decided against buying a Toshiba digital camera, I'm happy for you; and for those happy people with "lucky" Toshiba cameras, long mayyour cameraslive 'cause there ain't no more when those are gone.

:bye: