Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Toshiba

Old Sep 30, 2004, 6:51 AM   #1

on my PDR2300 was broken or jammed telefoto(zoom) button. guarantee is just ended ^_^ Thay told it will be cost around 100 usd.... all i need to takeoff cover and put button on its place again . But i just cant do this. on upper front there somting hidden swith or maybe a small screw that holds up all front cover Anybody knows how to take this thing off or dispath in somehow else ?
Santor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2004, 11:36 AM   #2

My daughter informed me yesterday that the zoom switch on her pdr-2300 wasn't working. Have you had any further luck in tearing apart and fixing the camera? I'll probably take a stab at it myself. Given that I paid about $100 for it new, it's hardly worth it to have it repaired. At least it lasted two years.
ralphj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 2:18 PM   #3

If anyone has had any luck removing the outer shell of the PDR-2300, please respond. I have removed what I believe are all of the screws, but I cannot separate the shell at the top. It seems like there may be another screw under the darker gray plastic surrounding the mode selector switch.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 6:28 AM   #4

You may have to slide a knife blade or something thin between the two halves to push back a pin that locks when the halves are pushed together. I don't know if that's how it is made, but it's a possibility.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2005, 2:43 AM   #5

How to open toshiba pdr 2300. The window on top is glued on. Lift the edge with a razor blade and there is a screw underneath. Ta Da!
zilchglotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 10:00 AM   #6

I was able to repair the "broken" zoomswitch in my daughter's PDR2300. The problem is actually an assembly defect. The switch is held in place by two plastic studs that are molded into the shell of the camera. The tops of the stud are then melted to hold the switch in place. Only one of the studs was melted in my daughter's camera. I melted the top of the stud and reassembled the camera. It works!!!