Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Toshiba

Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:15 AM   #1

man i loved this camera but it suddenly stopped taking pictures...i tried using the remote for the first time but that won't work and i've even pressed the appropriate button to set that up. maybe a dead battery on the remote..

movie mode works flawlessly.

also, the mode dial is sort of acting up. i can flip to 5 of the 6 modes with no problem. now, when i flip to the setup dial with the graphic of a wrench it displays the pc/usb connection screen. so i have two modes doing the same thing.

any recommendations? never been dropped or anything, always kept at home.
supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2005, 2:25 PM   #2

Many Toshiba digital cameras were lemons. That's why Toshiba is no longer in the digicam business.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 5:02 PM   #3

Try to press down the mode dial while flipping it from the "picture transfer" mode to "setup" mode. Mine also tends to "freeze" in automatic mode when I flip the dial to the manual mode. But it only freezes for several seconds before it displays the manual mode screen. Could it be because of weak battery? Maybe, maybe not. Not sure...
cartiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2005, 8:38 AM   #4

thanks for the input...i tried that but no luck :?:

when in manual or automatic mode, a hand icon appears on the left side of the screen. sometimes it's white, sometimes it's yellow...what is it? so strange that the shutter button works normally in movie mode but it won't let me take pictures.

i've also tried resetting the firmware thinking that maybe it crashed somehow...
supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 1:38 PM   #5

hhmmm...i'm not sure what the problem is with yours. I suspect there might be some parts loosed inside the camera body.

the hand icon is just an indicator that your picture might come blurry due to camera shake when you hand-held it. if itisyellow, you have to put the camera on a tripod. it is just a warning / indicator. nothing's wrong with it.

your remote was not workingjust because ofweak battery, i think. but your camera works only in the movie modeis reallystrange. i read a story from one person that the mode dial from his toshiba camera fell off of its camera body. seems like you both share similar problem, loosing part. the only solution then is to open the camera body and look for the problem. but that'll be risky...

really sorry you got this problem. hope i won't get the same problem with mine.

cartiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2007, 2:25 PM   #6

I've had exactly the same problem and am convinced it is not a hardware problem. Initially I restored the firmware (mine's a Premier DC3A30, but now thinks it is an M700), and that fixed the problem for a while. The problem has just returned and I fixed it this time by removing the SD card, formatting it, getting ready to reinstall the firmware, but on switch on, the problem has gone. Fluke? I don't know.
http://quills4u.vox.com and search for Premier.
gregb49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 7:10 PM   #7

The problem has returned. It is now a movie camera only for some reason. Reflashing the firmware, reformating the card have not sorted out the problem. It was not used for 4 months, but was working well when last used. Any ideas anyone?

(Greg's blog comments on the Premier DC3A30)
gregb49 is offline   Reply With Quote