Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Toshiba

Old Apr 27, 2005, 11:44 PM   #1

I was wondering if anyone knew why I am getting an Error 3 on my toshiba PDR-5300. I am in the USN and I am about to change homeports to Yokosuka, Japan and my wife and I are taking a Vacation and this camera now comes up with this problem.

I turn the Camera on and the lens comes out and LCD comes on and says that the time and date has been lost. Then when I get the image on the LCD it says error 3. I set thge time and date and I tried the reset. nothing works. I have cleaned out the camera and it doesn't seem like Toshiba is a big help with it. I asked them and they tech rep said that they don't do camera's anymore. I found that hard to believe that they won't support their product.

Can someone help me with this problem, ASAP. Appreciate the help.
chrisandrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2005, 3:23 AM   #2

"I have cleaned out the camera and it doesn't seem like Toshiba is a big help with it. I asked them and they tech rep said that they don't do camera's anymore. I found that hard to believe that they won't support their product."

Toshiba exited the digital camera business last March although they didn't have the integrity to announce it then since that would have made it difficult to dispose of their remaining inventory. Sometime around October/November they announced to the public that they had closed their digital camera business several months prior. Toshiba's digicams were such junk that theywound up having to discount them to the point of unprofitability just to move them out the door. Wal-Mart stopped selling them because they had so many returns. I wish you luck in repairing the camera, but I don't hold out much hope. If you'll read other postson this Toshiba forum, most of which concern problems that owners have had with their cameras, you'll see that most people have been unsuccessful in fixing them. You can buy a refurbished Fuji 2650 on eBay for less than $90 that will be better than any camera Toshiba ever sold. I was the unfortunate owner of a Toshiba digicam. Unfortunately for Toshiba, that is the last product of any kind they will ever sell me.

lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote