Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Toshiba

Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:38 AM   #1

I broke the LCD screen on my pdr-5300 and I can only find one place that carries the part and its around 125 US. Can anyone tell me if the LCD on a DC-T50 is exactly the same and can be swapped. I can find T50s on ebay for half the price of a replacement LCD screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
slim1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2005, 5:49 PM   #2

It probably doesn't make sense to spend any money on your camera. If you'll read the other posts on this forum, you'll find that the overwhelming majority of them concern problems with Toshiba cameras. They were lemons. That's why Toshiba was forced to exit the digicam business. You can fix the LCD, but something else should go wrong rather soon. The lifespan of Toshiba cameras is notoriously short. To directly answer your question, the T50 uses the same 1.6" LCD screen as the PDR-3300. The PDR-5300 has a 1.6" screen.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 9:27 PM   #3

lucky2505 wrote:
Quote:
To directly answer your question, the T50 uses the same 1.6" LCD screen as the PDR-3300. The PDR-5300 has a 1.6" screen.

I'm certainly not going to spend a lot of money if I spend any at all. I'm planning on getting a Digital SLR soon, probably a Nikon. Until then though if I can buy a used T50 and attempt a swap of the screens and it works? Hooray! If I screw it up I'm only out about $30.

I haven't been entirely thrilled with my PDR-5300 but it has until recently functioned as a great snapshot camera. My main gripe has been the auto focus and lack of manual focus settings. In low light my pictures were almost never in focus.
slim1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:31 PM   #4

Oops, I misposted. I meant to say that the PDR-5300 has a 1.5" LCD. The LCD from the T50 will not work on the PDR-5300. Sorry for the mistake.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote