Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Transportation (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/transportation-97/)
-   -   First try at planespotting! (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/transportation-97/first-try-planespotting-173975/)

DSProtection Jul 14, 2010 6:25 PM

First try at planespotting!
 
Did my first try at taking shots at the airport today.

1.
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...0/DSC_0023.jpg

2.
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...0/DSC_0026.jpg

3.
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...DSC_0064-1.jpg

4.
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...0/DSC_0071.jpg

5.
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...0/DSC_0100.jpg

6.
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...0/DSC_0107.jpg

7.
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...0/DSC_0137.jpg

8.
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...0/DSC_0165.jpg

9.
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...0/DSC_0191.jpg

10.
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...0/DSC_0238.jpg

shoturtle Jul 14, 2010 6:29 PM

very nice job for your first time.

Think if you got the last one on the side Maggo would really like that one of the niki air. ;) You had a really nice day for the plane spotting.

DSProtection Jul 14, 2010 6:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoturtle (Post 1117898)
very nice job for your first time.

Think if you got the last one on the side Maggo would really like that one of the niki air. ;) You had a really nice day for the plane spotting.

Thanks shoturtle!
Glad you liked them. I didnīt get the last one from the side unfortenately. Only from behind. I will try the next time Iīm there. I live far away from the airport, so I donīt know when that will be though;)

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...0/DSC_0245.jpg

shoturtle Jul 14, 2010 6:41 PM

They look very crisp, I presume it was not a very hot day. The last time I was at a airport it was quite warm, and had to deal with thermal layers, and haze.

Was number 5 all zoom, or some cropping? I really like the angle and the details.

Wingman Jul 14, 2010 6:59 PM

DSP..these look fantastic..well composed,crisp and clear. What airport were these at and what gear are you using? I like them all...#10 is especially nice..good angle and love the reflectons on the underside of the fuselage! Also where were you located...i.e. distance from the aircraft. I am always looking for better vantage points!

I'd say you did a fine job at your first attempt!

DSProtection Jul 14, 2010 7:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoturtle (Post 1117903)
They look very crisp, I presume it was not a very hot day. The last time I was at a airport it was quite warm, and had to deal with thermal layers, and haze.

Was number 5 all zoom, or some cropping? I really like the angle and the details.

It was extremely hot actually. Number 5 is ā little cropped.
Best regards. Daniel

DSProtection Jul 14, 2010 7:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelpee (Post 1117908)
DSP..these look fantastic..well composed,crisp and clear. What airport were these at and what gear are you using? I like them all...#10 is especially nice..good angle and love the reflectons on the underside of the fuselage! Also where were you located...i.e. distance from the aircraft. I am always looking for better vantage points!

I'd say you did a fine job at your first attempt!

Thanks very much. Glad to hear you like then too. I was using a Nikon D5000 and a Nikon 70-300VR. I, not sure about the distance. The airport is Arlanda. Swedens biggest airport north of Stockholm.
Best regards. Daniel

shoturtle Jul 14, 2010 8:04 PM

Does it get to 41 up there? :)

It worked nicely with the crop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSProtection (Post 1117922)
It was extremely hot actually. Number 5 is ā little cropped.
Best regards. Daniel


pbjunkiee Jul 14, 2010 8:07 PM

ahhh no exif data

Ordo Jul 14, 2010 8:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbjunkiee (Post 1117931)
ahhh no exif data

Yeah! We want to know everything about these amazing picks!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:21 AM.