Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:37 PM   #1

My last photo of Paris. Next morning we were on our flight home. I hate when vacations are over

Thanks for looking!
Chris
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2009, 9:17 PM   #2

Lovely shots CMOY. They have sure brought back some great memories for me. Did you use a star filter on your last shot here? Or is the start bursts natural occurrence?
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:03 AM   #3

I have a huge folder of images from my first trip to Paris in May-June, 2006, many of which covers this area as well. I often go back to it and have re-worked several images as Adobe Camera RAW has improved. On more than one instance I have sat down with aglass or two (or more!) of Moet & Chandon, paged through the images and imagined myself back there.

I never made it to that particular area at night. Your shot is quite nice. Thanks for posting.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:15 AM   #4

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Lovely shots CMOY. They have sure brought back some great memories for me. Did you use a star filter on your last shot here? Or is the start bursts natural occurrence?
Thanks Bynx! No filter was used just plain old glass from the lens :-)
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:21 AM   #5

Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
I have a huge folder of images from my first trip to Paris in May-June, 2006, many of which covers this area as well. I often go back to it and have re-worked several images as Adobe Camera RAW has improved. On more than one instance I have sat down with aglass or two (or more!) of Moet & Chandon, paged through the images and imagined myself back there.

I never made it to that particular area at night. Your shot is quite nice. Thanks for posting.
Thanks Greg! We were walking to the next bridge so we could get a shot of the Pont Alexander III with the Eiffel Tower in the background but it started to rain :sad:By the time we got the bridge it was just about to pour.The winds started to kick up and was blowing right into our lenses :sad: I snapped a few but the rain drops were all over theplace :sad: We'll have to go back to Paris to get the shot :-) BTW I've seen you're photos, AMAZING shots Greg!
Old Apr 16, 2009, 1:38 PM   #6

Chris, that's another imagefilling our hearts with a song taking flight under the sky of Paris:-D

Well...I won't paste link toa French Song this time :-)

@ Greg: Oh, I well remember those batches of brilliant pictures you took therein 2006, which made me admire your photography! So do Chris and Bynx I believe : )

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...2&forum_id

per exemple...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 2:03 PM   #7

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

Chris, that's another imagefilling our hearts with a song taking flight under the sky of Paris:-D

Well...I won't paste link toa French Song this time :-)

@ Greg: Oh, I well remember those batches of brilliant pictures you took therein 2006, which made me admire your photography! So do Chris and Bynx I believe : )

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...2&forum_id

per exemple...
Thanks Bahadir! :-) Yes, those are Greg's photos