Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 5, 2006, 8:40 PM   #1
Junior Member
Yno's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 27

I have a Bogen/Manfrotto tripod that I bought in my 35 mm SLR days. I have not used it in years. As I am now getting more serious about digital photography, I thought I would pull it out of the closet. I was starting to write up a detailed description of this little plastic clip, and it dawned on me that I am on a photographic forum, and I have a very nice camera available. DOH! Why not just post a picture?

So, what is this little plastic clip for? It looks like it is meant to hold something along the leg, but I have no clue as to what that would be. The protrusion on the right is hex shaped internally, but is not threaded, so I don't know what it would be use for.

There is a 3/8 inch diameter threaded hole on the tripod just above the leg attachment point. Would this be used to hold some spare attachment?

Any help in satisfying my curiosity would be appreciated.
Attached Images
Yno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2006, 12:56 PM   #2
Junior Member
jrhoffman75's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8

The plastic device is a wrench that can be used to tighten the clamp bolts (but it is pretty weak and not very effective).

The threaded hole is for a carrying strap.
jrhoffman75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:10 AM.