Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 28, 2006, 1:22 AM   #11
Senior Member
jtgraphics's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 117


[align=left]Well you're quite correct I often call the tripods from Manfrotto as Bogen which probably isn't the correct thing to do since Bogen is a distributor of many products.[/align]

[align=left]So from now on I will refer to all Manfrotto\Bogen as Manfrotto actually my tripods does say Manfrotto and I still refer to it as a Bogen :?no more![/align]

[align=left]Bogen to get technical is Bogen Imaging Inc, importer and distribute exclusively in the USA viatheir national dealer network. Products fromthem include Manfrotto and Gitzo tripods, heads and accessories; Avenger grip; Metz electronic flash systems; Elinchrom studio lighting systems; Lastolite lighting control and backgrounds; IFF top suspension system; Gossen light meters; RotaTrim cutters; and a wide host of additional product lines which round out the most complete range of exceptional accessories in the business. [/align]

[align=left]So I correct my response I own 2 tripods a Manfrotto 3021BN & Gitzo G-1415 :bye:[/align]

[align=left]Nowto letThom Hogan who wrote the article to stop calling them Bogen also. :Phttp://www.bythom.com/support.htm[/align]

jtgraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:01 PM   #12
Senior Member
sjms's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,735

heres another little scoop for you all gitzo and manfrotto are sister companies owned by a british holding company called Vitec and operates them seperately
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:22 AM.