Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 24, 2004, 12:54 PM   #1
Junior Member
jjgalambos's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1

I am trying to avoid purchasing a new tripod as I only need the camera plate with screw for an older model tripod. I have a perfectly good tripod manufactored by Philips Electronics for which I lost the camera plate. It is a square mount plate needed. Any help? Are they a universal fit for all tripods? thanks
jjgalambos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2004, 3:49 PM   #2
Senior Member
jawz's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 430

Look at the Bogen/Manfrotto 3299 adaptor. This adaptor is for their RC-2 QRP system. It will work for any standard 1/4" or 3/8" tripod so long as the existing base plate is equal to or smaller than 2" x 2 ". ~$30 from B&H.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:06 AM   #3
Senior Member
sjms's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,735

can the head be unscrewed from the base (legs)? if so you can just replace the head.

just how "older" is this tripod?

also realize that philips never built the tripod. it was most likelyoem'd for marketing purposes to show support for their then video camera line.

sjms is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:49 AM.