Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (
-   Tripods and Heads (
-   -   Which tripod head ? (

dotibwai Jun 26, 2011 11:25 AM

Which tripod head ?
I currently have a Manfrotto 190DB tripod with a #115 head. Unfortunately this head does not have a quick release plate, which I would seriously like. I think the #115 head is a pan/tilt head. Can anyone recommend a different head, ball orpan/tilt , with quick release plate that would complement my tripod and my D50 camera. Any help will be gratefully appreciated. :bash:

PeterP Jun 26, 2011 7:03 PM

You did not mention a price range.
If you want to stay to Manfrotto then something like a 496rc2 or 498rc2 ballhead or 322rc2 quick action grip head would do.
You need to check the specs of each to see what weight they can carry, it needs to be able to comfortably handle the heaviest lens/camera combination you plan to use with it.

These all use the rc2 quick release system with Manfrotto's 200pl-14 QR plate.

The three heads I mentioned run 80$us to 160$us.
Other models and brands can run into many hundreds.

tjsnaps Jun 26, 2011 8:32 PM

Why not just get a quick release plate adapter They make several referent types

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:06 PM.