Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Jun 1, 2003, 1:35 PM   #1
NHL

Default Pistol Grip Part#

Out of all the experts out there... Does anyone have the part # for the black pistol grip that you can mount on top of a Bogen monopod ?

I've just dig this piece(3218) out from my closet and figure I can use it with the 10D... :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2003, 1:59 PM   #2

Hi NHL

Can't help you on the tripod. Sorry.

But I couldn't help notice that you (also) finally turned your nose towards the Dslr. I remember we talked about this issue month ago - and now finally, we got weak and bought them. Are you happy with your buy ? Was it good to "get rid of" that old noisy Dimage ? ...
To be honest I thought you'd wait longer to get higher res., but I guess I was wrong! (about myself too ha ha).
Well, congrats on you new digicam!

Regards
Klaus
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2003, 2:22 PM   #3

NHL, do you mean the Ball head grip action 222 ( US code 3265) ?

FYI
http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3679
[/img]
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2003, 8:09 PM   #4
NHL

Klaus

Actually I was aiming for the full-frame Kodak, but its luke warm reception and corresponding price tag got me side tracked, beside I "need" something for my upcoming trip to S. America. I did not jump in with both feet as you can tell since I'm opting for the Sigma 17-35 and 70-200 both f2.8 (and thinking about the 24-70 f2.8 as well) so I can limit the damage! I figure in a year a two I can still jump ship if I had to... (and still be spending the same amount as a full-frame now) :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm still trying to get over this size thing, a body and 2 to 3 lenses for what used to be a compact camera!!! But c'est la vie...

KCan

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank!

BTW I also got a Bogen strap (#3044) back when, but can't figure on how to hook it up. The loop part is OK, but the threaded end, where does it thread into? Is this part of the 3265 or what else do I need?
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2003, 9:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL
BTW I also got a Bogen strap (#3044) back when, but can't figure on how to hook it up. The loop part is OK, but the threaded end, where does it thread into? Is this part of the 3265 or what else do I need?
NHL,
The threaded end of the strap is made to be screwed into a threaded hole , made for that purpose, on the tripod base (the spider) .
On the field, you leave the screw on the tripod and just unhook to liberate the strap, or you can leave it (the screw) permanently on the tripod if you use the strap just for that tripod.
I think that monopods donít have that fixation (at least, my #334 doesnít)

Quote:
CARRYING LONG STRAP / Cat. No: 3044
Adjustable length strap for Manfrotto tripods. It is supplied with an adapter and a special spring hook which makes attaching and detaching the strap from the tripod easy.

The 3044 features a double-fixing system whereby the hook attaches to the tripod spider and loops around legs.
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote